Karate Check In

Discussion in 'Karate' started by Saz, Oct 18, 2003.

1. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Welcome to MAP.

2. Torxal

Torxal New Member

Hello everybody :D,
    my name is niki and i´m from Germany. Im studying Shotokan Karate (DJKB) and i have currently the 3. kyu.

3. vian11

vian11 New Member

hi i am a beginner... with orange belt :)

4. armanox

armanox Kick this Ginger...

Welcome to the party.

5. furinkazan

furinkazan Valued Member

Upstart within the last month. Goju Ryu, my sensei also teaches Shin Atemi, a Japanese MMA form combining Judo, Jujitsu and Knockdown Karate.

First art Ive been involved in with hard sparring, which Im enjoying, but still a bit squishy on. Hopefully the pain tolerance and ability to take hits comes in time

6. Jason Brinn

Jason Brinn New Member

Hello everyone,

I am new, my name is Jason Brinn. My first style of karate was Kyokushin and then I moved to Goju-Shorin and had some time with Shorin-ji ryu. I look forward to learning from everyone here.

axelb likes this.
  7. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

These are the kind of thread necros that are always welcome - Nice to habe you onboard Jason

Travess

Jason Brinn likes this.
  8. Jason Brinn

Jason Brinn New Member

Thank you Travess, I am honored.

9. David Cobb

David Cobb New Member

I train in Meibukan Gojyu Ryu. I have my own school in Clyde, Victoria, Australia. We are affiliated with the IMGKA under Sensei Yagi Meitatsu and Sensei Yagi Akihito.

As well as the standard Goju/Gojyu Kata, we also train in the Meibukan specific Kata known as Meibuken. Meibukan means the House of The Spiritual Warrior and was founded by Dai Sensei Yagi Meitoku in 1952. As such he was the first student of Chojun Miyagi to receive permission to open his own dojo. There are many that believe the he was the rightful heir to Goju Ryu.

I put a lot of emphasis on Oyo and Bunkai harvested from Kata. As per Dai Sensei's philosophy, there is very little sparring in our school below the dan grades. Instead we focus heavily on drills derived from Kata as well as drills I have picked up from training in martial arts for roughly 42 years.

Mitch and Jaydub like this.
  10. Jaydub

Jaydub Valued Member

I train in Seienjuku Karate in Victoria, BC, Canada. I am ranked 1st Kyu.

axelb likes this.
  11. Graywalker

Graywalker New Member

Hello all,

Michael is my name. I study a Shudokan based system which passed through Korea, the original name was Kang Duk Won...but we go by Kwon Bup now. I am currently training for my 3rd degree in the Kwon Bup school. It is more of an American based system since the days of my instructors teacher. I have trained in several arts and some Amatuer local kickboxing but karate has and always be my base art.

Nice to meet you all and I look forward to duscussing the MA's with you.

Grond likes this.