Colour of training clothes and muscle synthesis

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Gary, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

Anyone else find they train better in blue t-shirts? I usually wear blue when going for a personal best on a new lift and find it gives me an edge over other colours, particularly those with a longer wavelength. Hypothetically, the frequency of the light (colour) stimulates the rods and cones in the back of your eye, this promotes the brain to release gonadotropins thus increasing testosterone levels.

However I realise that estrogen is also important for building strength, since research has shown that it increases the mitogen activated protein kinase cascade, localized IGF-1, and an increase in system growth hormone levels. This works synergistically with testosterone to improve protein synthesis.

For this reason I am starting to think I need to stack my blue t-shirt with possibly a longer wavelength clothing item, possibly a red headband or sweatbands. Another thought I had was a superman t-shirt, the balance of red and blue should work well however I am concerned that the yellow in the logo may be overdoing it somewhat.

Also I have slight concerns about the amount of time I spend on MAP while not training, this is a very blue forum and I realise I may be overdosing on short wavelengths during rest periods, and I fear the red in my signature may not be enough.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2011
  2. liero

liero Valued Member

Might explain why blue belt is the belt in alot of styles when students start to "get it"

3. Taeki

Taeki Valued Member

could you give links to the stuff you mentioned.

4. Taeki

Taeki Valued Member

could you give links to the stuff you mentioned.

5. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

Sorry mate, this was actually an old joke conversation about training clothing from a while back, it's only got tiny bits of truth in it so don't take it seriously ;)

6. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

I've noticed I tend to hit more PRs when I'm wearing my blue T shirt. Perhaps there is something in it.

7. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

I pull more of the sexy ladies in my blue outfit.

[​IMG]
    Ready for sexy time?

8. liero

liero Valued Member

I win more fights in blue.

9. Kuniku

Kuniku The Hairy Jujutsuka

Since I joined the gym I've started losing weight a lot faster, and all my gym gear is blue . . .

10. Constant Flux

Constant Flux Valued Member

OK well my entire gym has blue walls. There I got you all beat!

11. Kuniku

**** the bed son, you must be like the next bruce lee ;op

12. cisco_lad2004

cisco_lad2004 Valued Member

Just got my green belt ...and really miss blue one :)

13. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Just a friendly reminder that we don't allow bad language on MAP; if the filter had to block it out you shouldn't have typed it :)

Mitch

14. Kuniku

Apologies sir, it wasn't meant to be offensive ^_^ I'll go do some squat thrusts in the corner

15. Alexander B

Alexander B Valued Member

Supposedly red is supposed to have an effect on one's overall physical performance. So, it's just a major coincidence that red is the color I usually find myself working out in ;). I'll try and find the study that I read a while back if anyone's actually interested enough in the subject.

16. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

why has this not been posted here yet?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68ugkg9RePc"]Eiffel 65 - Blue (Da Ba Dee) (Original Video with subtitles) - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited: Mar 3, 2013