Sensitivity

Discussion in 'Disabled Martial Artists' started by Chase, Mar 20, 2004.

1. Chase

Chase New Member

Hi,
    I find sensitivity & awareness great weapons in fighting from a chair, even more so it seems than stepping because you have to take advantage of Economy of Motion more. What are your thoughts? :D
    Ingat ka,

2. surgingshark

surgingshark Valued Member

I believe that having good sensitivity is a great weapon in any given combat situation :) And in relationships (I've heard the "You go figure out what you did wrong" thing too many times over) :p

3. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

I agree with you absolutely Chase.

I've been attacked while seated on a bus, and my sensitivity training paid off big time, where many other MA people would have just gotten clobbered.

4. WhiteWizard

WhiteWizard Arctic Assasain

I think you have to use all the tools you can myself. I need to work on the sensativity stuff though i believe once i get a bit better at it that it will really come to my advantage

5. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

Ask GG to put those chairs in the hall to good use.

Based a class on it many moons ago, and it's an eye opener.

6. johndoch

johndoch upurs

Chase

I think a good thing for someone in a chair to carry is something from an old chair sharpened up. IMO anyone who attacks anyone in a chair deserves what they get!!

7. Chase

Chase New Member

I agree with you, on a confrontation (fight), but this also permeates into one's consciousness making it easier to deal with a multitude of confrontations on many, many levels.