Meal Prep ideas?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Pretty In Pink, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Just wondering if anyone has good meal prep links? Trying to get into the swing of it. It's way cheaper and healthier than what I'm doing. I've done it once and if worked out alright. Want to give it another go.

2. SWC Sifu Ben

SWC Sifu Ben I am the law

I can't point you to links but I can add stuff I've found helpful.

1. Whole chickens - I can get a whole chicken already spiced for a very good price at almost any supermarket around here. It's also easy to make a dry rub of baste a normal chicken with sauce yourself. Buy them, bake them, carve them. Very easy meat for days and you can do other things at the same time. It's also good because you get more variety than just chicken breasts and you can alter the fat content of your diet by keeping of discarding the skin. Other large portions of baked meat like pork tenderloin also fill the same role but usually at a higher price.

2. Frozen veg - Vegetables picked ripe and flash frozen often have more nutrients than vegetables picked green and ripened during shipping. These are an easy way to include nutrient veggies, and carbs in the case of frozen corn. You don't even have to cook them, just let them thaw in a container in the fridge.

3. Rice cooker - If you don't have one, get one. I resisted for years but it's great because it's another 'set it and forget it' type cooking. You can also use them to steam vegetables if yours includes a steam tray.

4. Spinach - This is basically my main fresh vegetable because I can use it raw in sandwiches and salads, and because it cooks incredibly quickly when added to other dishes. Already washed so almost no prep time. I'll also use tomatoes for the same reason when I can get them but supermarket tomatoes here are terrible.

So for example, my dinner for tonight was diced chicken from one I had baked earlier, thawed veggies, rice, and soya sauce made into stir fry. I'm really just heating it as all the cooking has been done already. I could've just as easily tossed the components into a plastic container and warmed it in a microwave at work. Find easy to cook components like this and dishes you can combine them into and prep is way easier. Sandwiches, wraps, stir fry, meat + sides, are all the easiest ways to use the components.

3. EdiSco

EdiSco Likes his anonymity

1000's of youtube recipes.....

4. wonglongwingchu

wonglongwingchu Valued Member

Ground beef baby. Stir fry that with garlic and some string peas or something.

Steak is also great, i grill them and cut them into slices. With carrots and broccoli or mushrooms for sides.

I usually bulk cook something that goes well with rice.

What Sifu Ben says is great too