Reporting Posts

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Saz, Aug 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

I've noticed a lot of comments lately about the amount of trolls round here. The mods are going to be watching this more closely, but we need your assistance to help clean the area up.

As you know, this site is massive and we're only human. Some posts can run onto 20+ pages. To spot every bad post would mean we either have to be full time moderators without paying jobs, or start ignoring our husbands, wives, other halves, children and daylight. As much as I'd like to surf a website for a living, its not going to happen, so if you see an offensive or flaming post, then report it to us.

You can report a post by clicking the red warning triangle icon in the top right hand corner of the post in question.

[​IMG]

I'll take you to another screen where you can type a brief explanation of why you believe the post should be moderated.

How this works is it creates a notification that every single moderator can see. This makes it more reliable than a PM to a moderator, as the soonest available moderator can get look at it. Granted this still isn't instant, but it is usually much faster than sending a PM.

There's a few things to remember with this.

Reporting a bad post does not give a 100% guaruntee that it will be removed. A mod will look at it and make a decision based on MAP's terms of service. This may involve something you can see (locking the thread or posting a warning) or something you don't see (sending a private warning, or temp banning someone).

You should only report posts that you believe are againsts MAP's rule or are causing a problem. If you simply disagree with the poster, then counter their arguement in the thread. We won't delete posts that don't break our rules, even if they may be stupid/boring/not in line with the status quo.

Reported posts are confidential. We never say who reported a post, and only moderators will even know that a post has been reported.

You can still contact mods via PM if you would rather, but this may take longer if they aren't around. For example, between my job and family, I can be away from the PC for days at a time.

Private messages still have to comply with the rules. If you have had an abusive PM, then forward it to a moderator.

Over and out
    Saz

2. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

Please note the section in Bold.

Thanks

3. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

This is a timely reminder to the members of this forum that the report post function is intended to bring posts that break the terms of service to the attention of the moderators. It does not guarantee that the moderators will act the way that you would like them to, but we trust them to be impartial and to moderate according to the site's terms of service.

Although trolling (i.e. posting in a manner clearly designed to provoke extreme reactions rather than to contribute to discussion) is against the terms of service, we do not consider every instance of disagreement with the dogma of specific groups to be trolling and it will not be treated as trolling unless it is clearly designed to annoy rather than to query or ask for answers/information.

Please use the report post function sensibly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.