Kenpo/Kempo Roll Call

Discussion in 'Kenpo' started by Korpy, Nov 21, 2007.

1. WKAkempo

WKAkempo New Member

Kempo Jujitsu

Julie williams
    4th Dan Kempo Jujitusu
    Dacayana Eskrima Coach

Kempo Jujitsu works for me. We are an all female instructor team at the moment so we need to ensure what we teach works, especially when we get `big macho men' types coming into the dojo who dont possibly think that the smaller females who teach our classes can put them on their butts and tie their legs around their ears. Big mistake guys!:evil:

Kenshijim likes this.
  2. Z-Rex

Z-Rex Valued Member

Zoran Sevic
    Originally started in Parker Kenpo back in 1981 and jumped around in a few martial arts until 1991 when I found a place I wanted to stick with.
    5th Degree Black Belt
    Saviano's White Tiger Kenpo in Addison, Illinois
    Our claim to fame is UFC 3 when our guy, Keith Hackney, won against the BIG sumo of 600+ lbs.

3. Pearly

Pearly New Member

Shao-Lin Kempo
    American Schools of Shao-Lin Kempo (Salem, OR)
    From Salem, but currently live in Monterey, CA
    I like the focus, discipline, and ability to provide stress relief in a controlled environment. Plus I was almost born in a dojo (literally) so it is a part of me. :cool:

4. toejoe2k

toejoe2k New Member

Jeff Speakman's Kenpo 5.0
    San Antonio/Kerrville, TX
    3rd Brown
    I like the style of sparring and the groundwork that is done.

5. Telshi

Telshi New Member

Nippon Kempo (Japanese kempo)
    Purple
    CA, USA

Love the combination of striking, kicking, grappling, joint locks, ground combat, the chance to fight full force/contact, mind-body-spirit connection... and most of all, our sensei and people I train with!

6. boom boom

boom boom New Member

Kara Ho Kempo
    Brown/Black belt
    La Mesa ,Ca

Kara Ho is is rich in Techniques and katas .

7. slapjitsu

slapjitsu Banned Banned

Hopefully this is the right place to ask this. Does anyone know of anyone teaching American style Kenpo Karate in the UK in the Midlands /Staffordshire areas? Found a twitter off 88 kenpo in stoke but they dint answer a 'where do you train' question, and can find no information of the art in this area.

8. sensei_dez

sensei_dez Valued Member

American Kenpo
    Snow's AMA
    2nd Black
    Ontario, Canada

there's a lot I love about kenpo, the science of it, the fluidity and beauty of it, I love how anyone from anywhere can find a completely different reason to be passionate about it and still meet on that common ground of being a , the same can be said for being a martial artist in general

9. sensei_dez

sensei_dez Valued Member

American Kenpo
    Snow's AMA
    2nd Black
    Ontario, Canada

there's a lot I love about kenpo, the science of it, the fluidity and beauty of it, I love how anyone from anywhere can find a completely different reason to be passionate about it and still meet on that common ground of being a , the same can be said for being a martial artist in general

10. Gufbal1981

Gufbal1981 waiting to train...

Villari Shaolin Kempo
    3rd Degree Black
    Training on and off since 1991

11. GoldShifter

GoldShifter The MachineGun Roundhouse

Gaylord Method Kajukenbo
    Pallen's Martial Arts
    2nd Degree
    California

I love Kajukenbo because I feel it is a fun style to practice. I like how our Grandmaster created a kali style that fully integrated the principles of Kajukenbo into it. I love sparring. Sparring is fun, it helps me to think of new ways to attack and also how to dodge.

12. bodyshot

bodyshot Brown Belt Zanshin Karate

I must admit Kempo is great selfdefense MA.

13. GenghisK

GenghisK Jiu Jitsu Kempoka

Nominally new to MAP - I posted a little, years ago as Genghis.

Anyway 3rd dan Aiki Kempo Jiu Jitsu (generally we just call it Kempo like anyone else does) in Buckinghamshire, UK. I'm the club Sensei within the very small British Kempo Society. In reality, we're a small and pretty much independent club teaching our own style, built upon roots of traditional JJ, SCJJ, and some imported bits of other styles - all with the classic desire to create a complete and effective MA.

G

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  14. TheDudeAbides

TheDudeAbides Valued Member

West Salem Shaolin Kempo
    Super White!
    I picked it for a couple reasons, first it was super close to home. Second an old friend of mine advanced far enough to be an instructor at one of the other schools before he moved and talked up Master Pearl and couple other people there. Third the school also teaches Tai Chi which my wife was interested in, so I went from running at the gym a few times a week to two group SK classes and one private Tai Chi class each week.

15. Kenshijim

Kenshijim New Member

Hi my name is Jim i have been studying Budo arts for 37 years I am shihan dai 7th dan in a orginization called the Jihi kokoro martial studies group I train in teach the following styles of kenpo koto ryu, gyokko ryu, and shinden fudo ryu kenpo, I have also trained in jujutsu, Aikijutsu, ninjutsu and yang style taichi.

Pretty In Pink likes this.
  16. Kenshijim

Kenshijim New Member

Hi I should have also mentioned we are based in Liverpool in the United Kingdom.

17. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Nice to meet you! Welcome to MAP :)

Kenshijim likes this.
  18. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Welcome to MAP! :)

19. Kenshijim

Kenshijim New Member

likewise :)