What is Qigong

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by russell-NWFA, Sep 8, 2009.

1. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

Sorry about responding, my emails of thread notices are behind

2. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

My fault entirely, not yours

3. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

My point entirely,madam.

4. martialartsstar

martialartsstar New Member

Qi gong, useful in crisis situation where might get you hurt!

5. 47MartialMan

How so?

6. martialartsstar

martialartsstar New Member

In China, every Qigong leaner should learn it step by step...
    In Chinese Kung Fu novels, there is a saying “走火入魔”, directly translation is "possessed by the Devil", it means Qigong should be learned step by step, or it will hurt yourself.

7. Eragon

Eragon New Member

Anybody who seriously trains in Qigong could defeat any black belt of any other art cause it can things like make your body literally harder than steel....I even tried stabbing may Qigong teacher in the chest with a sharp knife and the knife broke..... just saying :p

8. Dan Bian

Dan Bian Neither Dan, nor Brian

I call shenanigans on this tale...

Qigong is simply the practice of coordinating deep, abdominal breathing in time with physical movements, and using that breath to release tension in the posture.

What you're saying it just pure fantasy. :woo:

9. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

Yeah,well we'll believe it when he lets someone who's NOT a student of his take a stab at him. Someone with a good rep,like Chuck Norris.Or Hannibal.

Seriously,if some people can do this why do they never offer themselves to be tested at places like Harvard,or Oxford? They have good testing facilities in places like that.

Oh....yeah-that's why no one offers to be tested in such places. Maybe you can convince your teacher to be the first. But I doubt it.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  10. Hannibal

You are either -

(a) a troll
    (b) a liar
    (c) a moron

or possibly some hybrid mutation of all three

11. Hannibal

I am SO up for this! Can I use my own knife?

I have one I personally designed and had forged specifically for being efficient at fighting and hurting

12. 47MartialMan

Yeah.. Ain't nothing like having something custom-made in order to "try it out" :D

13. Eragon

Eragon New Member

Im not lying my teacher was taught by a shaolin monk......Qigong practices breathing into the diaphram and then squeezing using your stomach to create pressure and therefore make your body hard also by using Chi, the training for these techniques are rare to obtain because the monks in shaolin keep it secret. Havent u seen on documentaries or whatever about the monks who have superhuman strength or breaking a spear with their neck? How do u thnk they do dat?

14. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Parlour tricks, relaxation and practice.

I've never done it with a spear, but even now I can put a broom handle on my throat, have you put the other end on your chest and still be able to push you away.

The Shaolin monks are awesomely conditioned, and that's a major part of it.

Chi though is nothing more than breath control.

15. Hannibal

Easily - Carnies have been doing that for years...shaving your head and putting on orange robes doesn't make it any more mysterious

16. Eragon

Eragon New Member

Seriously? Havent u heard of training like Steel hand, Steel body, Iron palm, etc? Wateva, dont believe me if u dont want 2, I dont care :) U can find out about it urself if u want.

17. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Please don't use text speak, as it breaks the ToS you agreed to when you signed up.

Please write words in full, thank you.

18. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

That's just one method of ch'i gung,packing.

As Shaolin is controlled by the government of the PRC and is heavily marketed to the outside world you have to ask why they've never sent a Gold Bell Cover type practitioner to be tested flesh vs. knives in clinical conditions outside China.

Because all the PRC Secret Service types are learning this so the PRC wants to keep it secret?

(Edit) If this training is kept secret and your teacher learned it then can we assume that your teacher was a disciple if not a lineage inheritor?

Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
  19. 47MartialMan

Agreed

"One of my teachers was a street fighter and biker-seriously

He fought in the streets and he rode with the Galloping Gooses

But he is always the first to state that his main lesson from these is to "stay away from trouble"

He told me he got his____beat many times and landed in jail

When he finally settled down, studied from a good martial art school, and with "aging", his whole outlook had changed

I state this in addition to;

"Just Because" one has a certain teacher with a certain level of training or rank, does not lend it to be that someone/student is actually going to achieve the same set of skill or rank

Lineage is one thing, but stating it boisterously to back up a discussion can produce refutation

Last edited: Jun 30, 2014