Slothosaurus Training Log!

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by LemonSloth, Aug 28, 2013.

1. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

20/01/15:

Gah, evil children! Five hours of incredibly disturbed sleep is not my idea of fun! *insert drop kicking motions*

Yeah...so I'm tired today. Planned to go gym this morning to do some light lifting but when the time came round...I passed out on the sofa. Suffice to say that I might have to try the gym this Thursday instead :p.

Dumbbell shenanigans:
    Hammer curls:
    w/ 23kg @ 5 x 10.

Must...remember...light weight warm up set...

I'm totally fine but it was dumb to not include it.

Kroc rows:
    w/ 43kg - 17/17/12.

Didn't have the energy to do any more on the first or second set and by the third my arm started getting tired. Need to work on my endurance.

Gentle stretches.

That's it tonight. I plan on getting an earlier night and trying to get more sleep. Then hopefully tomorrow I might get some swimming, bag work and a weighted walk.

Also, hopefully good news - I might finally be able to go back to Kickboxing and Aikido this week! WOOOOOOOP!!! :D

2. matveimediaarts

matveimediaarts Underappreciated genius

Retrun of AikidoSloth and Return of KickboxingSloth in the same week... :O This may cause a significant disturbance in The Force... :/ :O

3. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

dat kroc row. how much body english? (inb4 all of your body is english).

@matvei: maybe that was sloth in the video in the westside thread? :p

4. LemonSloth

My wife says the same thing on curry night :p

Damn it! :D

First set a little, second set practically none, third set enough that my man-sack is hiring itself out for elocution lessons :p.

5. Rand86

Rand86 likes to butt heads

You owe me a new cup of coffee, Sloth!

6. LemonSloth

Here you go :p

[​IMG]

7. LemonSloth

21/01/15:

Swimming shenanigans:
    500m in all, mix of front crawl w/ just arms, front crawl and breast stroke.

Eh, pool was crowded and couldn't properly navigate through all the people. So I got half way and called it quits.

Maize bag shenanigans:
    Nothing serious, couple of hundred punches w/ 7oz gloves on.

Gave this a go because Fishy posted a diagram in the "Thought of the Day" thread that seemed to make some sense. I thought I was already doing everything in it but apparently not 'cos my tsuki hit a lot harder. It was cool actually, will have to see if I can repeat it :p.

Weighted walk shenanigans:
    1.5 miles, +35kg.

'Cos food, that's why!

That's it today. I never push too hard before I go kickboxing as the kickboxing/Aikido days wipe me out as it is. Fingers crossed!

8. LemonSloth

22/01/15 - 24/01/15:

Gah, I have finally been struck down by man flu hard enough to not be able to do anything. Sore throat, sinuses, headache, etc. :bang: :(

So, no Aikido, no Kickboxing this week. No training for two days. Third day and with no training still I'm constantly pacing.

So today I forced myself (and managed) to do three sets of front squats with my training log, some one armed rows with a 30kg barbell (gift to my sister who is starting to appreciate weight lifting and doing stuff in general :D) and some stretches. It's taken the edge off the pacing and such but I really need to get back to doing more ASAP.

Still no idea how heavy the log is. Technically light enough I can front squat it raw, heavy enough I can't press it overhead and after doing 8 reps in one set my legs literally turned to jelly.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  9. matveimediaarts

OH NOES! THE MIGHTY SLOTH HAS BEEN STRUCK DOWN! :( Get well soon, buddy. :)

10. LemonSloth

25/01/15:

Maize bag shenanigans:
    12 minutes.

Still got the sniffles though I am already starting to feel better. So I just used it like a makiwara rather than sparred with it.

Jogging shenanigans:
    15/16 minutes or so.

Basically there's a strip of pavement behind our house leading to the local park that's about 120 - 130 metres (at a guess) long. Not feeling well enough to start Couch - 5k but I decided to just gently jog the length of it, walk back, rinse and repeat. Touch uncomfortable but otherwise manageable.

Also my brother phoned today and mentioned he wanted to take me running when he next comes down in a couple of months. In return for him putting his money where his mouth is, I'm expected to take him kickboxing in a couple of months to prove it has little to do with strength and requires good cardio and he'll take me out for a run. We've got a bit of a sibling rivalry thing going on with my "strength" (lol) and his aerobic fitness (ran his first marathon last year. Completed it despite screwing his knee up 8 miles from the finish).

Lawd help me, I'm screwed :eek:.

11. matveimediaarts

May the Sloth be with you! :cool::google:

12. LemonSloth

26/01/15:

Weak as kittens today. Weak. As. Kittens. Actually, no. There are kittens out there suckling from the teets of motherly furriness looking at me like "Do you even lift bro?". Damn their feline genetics and natural graces. Damn them and their terribly cute milk 'staches and their adorable antics. Damn them all!!!

Basically spent as much of the day sleeping as humanly possible (pretty sure I could've slept more). Literally sitting there going:

Wife: "Damn it Sloth, stop sleeping!"
    Me: *startled* "I'm not!"
    Wife: "Yuh-huh. Do you know what'll help? Making make me that coffee you said you'd make.".
    Me: *snore*

And so forth :p.

Managed to force myself to do a few sets of curls, tricep shenanigans and OHPing with my dumbbell though. Had to take it right down to 18kg which was annoying, but at least I did something.

Gentle stretches.

13. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Hate it when they casually lift up a leg to lick their crotch like it's nothing.

:cry:

14. LemonSloth

Yeah, me too.

...Also, there's an epic Jasper Carrott joke about that kind of thing :p.

15. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

16. Heraclius

Heraclius BASILEVS Supporter

Very briefly, I thought you were talking about Sloth's wife waking him up.

17. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Genuinely been chuckling out loud for two minutes straight after reading that.

Thank you. :D

18. LemonSloth

Oh God...all the jokes...all of them probably violate ToS!!

...Thanks :D.

19. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

[​IMG]

20. LemonSloth

27/01/15:

Rest day. I had plans to do some slow bob & weave practice just to break down the movements into specific elements and stop me doing some bad habits like leaning horribly. But instead had another day where I just kept falling asleep at the drop of a hat. Took it as a sign that I need to rest and sleep.

My lack of appetite right now is frustrating. I'm almost living off high calorie milkshakes as I just can't seem to eat anything. This makes me sad :(.

=====

28/01/15:

...Aaaand with all the sleep I've had at the wrong times the past couple of days, guess what I didn't do last night? :p

Swimming shenanigans:
    1k in all.
    200m breast stroke.
    50m front crawl w/ just arms.
    50m back stroke w/ just legs.
    600m - 25m front crawl (slow), 25m breast stroke, 25m front crawl (sprint), 25m breast stroke.
    100m front crawl sprints.

Had to take regular short (10 - 15 seconds at most I think?) breaks every 100m after I got to 300m. I may be getting over my man flu quite nicely but I'm still finding breathing a touch on the difficult side.

Front crawl speed has improved massively and it doesn't seem to kill me to do so much as long as I take fewer strokes between each breath. But my breast stroke has gone down the pan and is sooooooooooooo slow.

Maize bag shenanigans:
    4 x 30s rest, 1 min continuous sparring.

Got to the end of the fourth round (had aimed to do 10 as I didn't have much time) and just threw in the towel. Between my difficulties breathing, the rain & snow and just generally feeling really bored, I wasn't in the mood to push through today.

Walked a few miles today as normal, doing my stretches as I'm typing up on MAP. Going to go watch some trashy tv while working on my grip strength (wringing out a wet towel) and that's about it.

Also began preparations for a "healthy chocolate cake" where the standard flour has been replaced by ground chickpeas & lentils and the sugar replaced with...some healthier alternative I have in the cupboard somewhere. It'll either be delicious or my stomach will implode from the sheer horror :p.