THE HIER TO THE HAPKIDO EMPIRE

Discussion in 'Hapkido' started by XMAM, Mar 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

That doesn't even make sense

2. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

Well......

what did?:(

3. Hannibal

Touche!

4. XMAM

XMAM Banned Banned

The chronicle: "The hire to the hapkido empire" Reads all student started to take notes for their future memoirs. Together all composed this chronicle. Chinil Chang knows we all would contribute and write it. So don't kill the messenger. We all stayed with Chinil Chang not to hurt him but to help him. We are all friends together including Chinil Chang. So say what you must. As you won't know what your talking about. "Ha haaaaa" The intention of this chronicle is simply the history not only of Chinil Chang but of all of us in trying times so make of it what you may. Chinil Chang is the best so beware to insult his students as you would be insulting him. Today we shared some time together and listened to Chinil Chang as he explains to us the encounters with the online forums. Acting like its the end of the world or sharks on their last meal. Then not knowing, they dare to asks for the meaning of “THE WAY” .
    Chinil Chang is very religious since learning christianity this way we stay. ha haaaa

AUTHORS
    Chinil Chang + 7 Students
    Peace, Love and god bless.

5. Hannibal

Is it too cliche to post "Shaka when the walls fell" at this stage?

6. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

No, the proper thing would be to just say, "Shaka when the walls fell," without posting the whole thing.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
  7. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

XMAM, I've not read through this thread but would like to say that no-one cares.

You seem to have an agenda and whatever it is you are completely wasting your time.

No-one seems to agree with you, so are therefore preaching to yourself.

If you are trolling then your stay here will be short.

8. XMAM

XMAM Banned Banned

Why are you on crack I don't under stand this is not good for you.

9. XMAM

XMAM Banned Banned

Please cross examine this testimony make a search begin with are demos deadly. Black Belt Magazine Dec 1975

10. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

What is this thread actually about?

11. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Someone who needs to spend more time practicing and less time in martial arts politics.

The whole title is dumb anyways. The word "empire" gives it away. Martial arts practitioners may belong to large federations etc, but "empire"?????:rolleyes:

I have never understood the need to establish oneself or one's group as the leader or sole authority or anything similar in any given art.

My style has this thing, probably others have it too, the keeper of the system. Some different CLF lineages say their keeper is "THE" keeper of the CLF style. CLF is an art with many lineages and many practitioners. I personally recognize that there is going to be more than one "keeper."

I don't know if this need to try and establish an "empire" or similar ideas that one group controls an entire art stem from ego or trying to make more money - probably both.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
  12. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

To be fair, within Hapkido circles, Chang Chin-il is a bit controversial.

Hapkido grew very quickly from what Choi Yong-sool Dojunim had started teaching, and there was a lot of growth of different Kwans (especially under the influence of Ji Han-jae Dojunim and others), leading to quite a large amount of Hapkido schools all around the world in a fairly short amount of time. To have control over that could mean quite a bit of power (and money).

For Choi Yong-sool Dojunim, as he got older, he wanted to pass on the head (Doju title) of the system... whether to consolidate the art or to make it into a tighter empire, who knows. It was splintering, with followers of the three major groups splitting and so on.

Chang Chin-il was offered the title of 'Doju'. This was a bit controversial since he had been a private student and wasn't as well known as some of the others. Some think the expectation was that since he was in NYC that it would help establish him as the top guy and lend more credibility to the creation of a world wide Hapkido organization and grow fabulously. It didn't. GM Chang really didn't get heavily involved in growing (or teaching) the art beyond a small group of his own students. That's part of the reason, the 'Doju-ship" was offered to others as well (including Choi Dojunim's son).

So... discussing GM Chang and 'Empire' and why this type of info could be of interest does actually fit in here. I think between the OP's weak English skills and the real specificity of interest in this slightly obscure Hapkido topic makes it seem irrelevant, but there are things of interest in it.

(Apologies for any errors in the historical content... shooting from the hip here)

13. TwirlinMerlin

TwirlinMerlin Valued Member

I see you have a keen intellect. Perhaps if I share the story of my master you will see yours is not so bad. I began my training with Rawdog "Kickpuncher" McGee 41 years ago. He earned the name Kickpuncher because he wore steel toe work boots on his hands which he would use to kickpunch his victims all about their face, groins, and buttocks! He was brutal and his training methods cruel. Often he would show up at 1:00 in the morning and kickpunch his way through the front wall of my house. He'd then drag me out of bed and kickpunch me all the way down to the dojo where he'd kickpunch me some more. Once he's kickpunched me out into the street where I was hit in the groins by a bus! Now tell me who's master was cruel. Even with his devil like ways he still became the head of his very own Kickpuncher empire!

14. XMAM

XMAM Banned Banned

Simon I do agree with you that nobody care. that was never my intentions for anyone to feel whether they care or not and even agree or disagree. Its the first time that I ever posted. I was so glad to have found your site. So this is all new to me and friends. When I write thread, I just try to answer the questions. sent to me from others post. As a new member I need to learn how to thread. To reply only to the person who post the question. I like spending time on your site. I need to learn how to use it the beat agenda. Simon and to everyone I apologize for not knowing how to use this site.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  15. XMAM

XMAM Banned Banned

Thanks Thomas
    By the way I was trying to answer all of your previous post. all written very good so I was saving it for last. This post makes up for the rest. You are so correct thanks.

16. XMAM

XMAM Banned Banned

Yes thank you very much for sharing it with me.

17. XMAM

XMAM Banned Banned

El Medico Please go back and read it again because Xman's son was never a student of Chinil Chang. So what are you talking about. If your going to slander someone without knowing the facts just for points and reader benefits. Thats so sad. because Xman was not the lone writer as all student contribute to the heir of the hapkido empire chronicle as so stated through out. It was a joint venture and if you would like, I can have you meet Chinil Chang the main contributor + 7 students. We stayed with Chinil Chang to help him not hurt him.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
  18. Hannibal

So multiple people wrote it? That would explain why it reads like someone fed a monkey a bottle of gin and gave it a keyboard...

19. XMAM

XMAM Banned Banned

That would explain why Hannibal writes like a monkey fed a bottle of gin and a keyboard. Hannibal your hart has spider syndrome. Every time it beats we read the evil that you speak. hahaaa take care easy! LOL.

20. Hannibal

It helps when trying to indulge in banter that you do not simply echo the original comment as it just makes you look dumb...Hart is my wrestling coach and has nothing to do with spiders by the way

Unless you mean "heart" in which case you are still wrong as I simply do not have one - only a black as pitch gateway to the abyss, paved in the skin of newborns and cured with the tears of all my slain foes......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.