Star Wars epsiode 7

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Travess, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

There have been a few fan made / fake trailers released this past week, that have been passed off as the genuine article, but the official (teaser) is finally upon us...

...and what can I say, except that I am giddy beyond belief, in my special little boy place...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMOVFvcNfvE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMOVFvcNfvE[/ame]

Regards,

Travess

2. Rhythmkiller

Rhythmkiller Animo Non Astutia

You sir have made my day.

Baza

3. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

I really dislike the Lightsabre with crossguard. Defensively I don't think it would serve any practical purpose. I could only see it being useful for punching a hole in someone's face.

4. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Surely it would stop another lightsabre sliding down and cutting your fingers off?
    Anyway...this is the best lightsabre.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdt2TbkotWk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdt2TbkotWk[/ame]

5. Rhythmkiller

Rhythmkiller Animo Non Astutia

That's brilliant.

Baza

6. Unreal Combat

No, because the part of the crossguard itself, where I visualise the opponents blade would catch if it were to slide down the wielders blade onto the crossguard, is made of metal or whatever substance they used to create the hilt and not energy. Look very carefully at the design.

7. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Damn....so are you telling me light sabres don't work!?!?

8. Unreal Combat

Well, they wouldn't be of any use in this instance, no. :)

9. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

Am I the only person on the planet who thought this trailer was rubbish? It gives no information, shows none of the existing characters, provides no context for the film and doesn't hint at the plot.

10. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

[​IMG]

11. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I agree it doesn't show a lot but some of the framing and cinematography shows that Abrams knows 12 parsecs more about directing a film than Lucas ever did.

12. Unreal Combat

It's a teaser?

13. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

For what? Could be for Episode 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6.

14. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Cortosis would solve that.

Stupid crossguard though.

Trailer sucked.

15. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

It looks like concept art circa the original 3 films, which was always the best bit about Star Wars for me anyway.

It's an eye-candy film. Who watches Star Wars for the characterization, acting and plot?

After Episode I, I avoided watching the other 2 new ones (saw half of II on telly once). This looks like it captures the visual atmosphere of the original films and concept.

16. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I'd hope that the first thing Abrams did was watch the Red Letter Media Star Wars prequel reviews and have a damn good think about everything they highlighted.
    Damn...he should hire them as associate script consultants or something.

17. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

I loved Episode 6.

This is going to be awesomesauce.

18. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Nope. I was unimpressed.

You missed only 15 minutes or so of anything worth watching, and you can get it on YouTube. It's Obi's fight against Anakin on the lava planet , and then Palpatine giving Anakin his black Darth Vader shell.

This is the only part of #3 that is worth your time. There is nothing in #2 worth watching. :(

19. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

whats wrong with punching a hole in someones face?

20. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

for plot? me having read about 100 star wars books, trust me theres more than that too