Clubs in the Peterborough (UK) area

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Veteris, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Veteris

Veteris New Member

Hi all,

I’m looking at something in the Peterborough area. I’ve done MoJ Control & Restraint and a little bit of boxing so I’m more interested in striking/grappling over lots of showy kicks. I’m a 35yr old bloke who’s not as flexible as I have been (but that can change) and I’m aiming to do an MA to lose a little weight and add to my fitness.
    There are a few places around that I’ve looked at online but I’d like some reviews if anyone has them. I’ll most likely try a few before I decide but I like to go in with some background.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

2. PointyShinyBurn

PointyShinyBurn Valued Member

3. Veteris

Veteris New Member

Cheers fot that. I've had a look at them online and also at KSOMA in Werrington. Think I may have to pay them both a visit and see what they are like.

4. GenghisK

GenghisK Jiu Jitsu Kempoka

I would certainly recommend Paul and Lesley King at KSOMA...

http://www.ksoma.co.uk/

I've known Paul especially through various seminars and a couple of associations for years (he was on the panel for my first dan grading - although that wasn't recently!). Particularly since he went pro half a dozen years ago, Paul in particular is a really exceptional teacher - and he practices and teaches in his Kempo Jujitsu a style that combines striking and grappling very well. Also a thoroughly nice pair of people to be in a dojo with.

The style is painful and brutal, but also very technical. Exactly the sort of thing that personally I really enjoy.

G

Last edited: Dec 9, 2014