So... Kron Gracie thinks he only needs BJJ...

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Combat Sports, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Combat Sports

Combat Sports Formerly What Works Banned

2. FunnyBadger

FunnyBadger I love food :)

He will learn soon enough . . . I hope for his sake lol

If not then he will have a short and painfull MMA career

3. bodyshot

bodyshot Brown Belt Zanshin Karate

4. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

and iim british, doesnt mean i eat crumpets.

he may be capable but its unlikely with a good striking skillset.

5. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

so was gracie fields :)

6. Combat Sports

When was the last time a Gracie did anything significant in MMA?

One of the things I like about Royce's specific brand of GJJ is that it incorporates striking and realistic solutions to striking from the very start. But nobody can do just one thing and hope to succeed anymore. Those days are long gone.

7. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=939kXCYK98U"]Karate Kid - Last Fight Scene - YouTube[/ame]

8. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

He'll win his first match probably. He might make it to the UFC and then get smashed unless he actually IS cross training.

9. bodyshot

If he dosent win anything I will really be surprised, and I dont know what anyone here thinks about it but I would have to imagine that any Gracie whos active in the family business is most likely a game chicken if you know what I mean. Thought I should add, I dont ever suggest practiceing one range of combat and entering MMA fights, in the case of a Gracie I make the exception, hope that cleared up my two cents, I figured you guys new me better lols

10. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

doesn't seem like a good idea to not cross train. it's not '93, i don't see how one could train in one thing exclusively.

11. bodyshot

Yea your right, but since he is a Gracie Im giveing him the bennifit of the doubt, I mean he has access (unlimited) to the worlds fineist BJJ instruction, maybe the best JJ instruction in the whole world.

12. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

Best JJ?

oh wait i got it... thats what BJJ stands for! :p
    :Angel:

"Brazilian jiu jitsu is best jiu jitsu"

13. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

You need to start!

14. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

"Gracie" doesn't mean what is used to, in MMA and even BJJ.

Shame the Gracies themselves fail to realise that. Goddamn hubris.

15. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Kron gracie is top tier BJJ. He will be striking but not to knock people out, but to set up his wrestling and his transitions.

Since he's training with the diaz brothers it would be impossible not to be striking.

Dont belive anything you read on bjpenn.com clickbait website is full of clickbait.

16. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

The Diaz brothers themselves have the criticism of not evolving their skills. Many think training where they do is stilting their progress.

So, training with them isn't exactly a plus.

17. Dead_pool

Really? A fighter training for his first MMA fight isn't doing well training with the Diaz brothers?

What would you suggest he does then?

18. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

I am no expert,just repeating common criticisms I have heard. Many people think the Diaz brothers themselves need to change camps.

I don't know what camp would be better, but I imagine there are a lot better ones out there.

19. Dead_pool

You goinh to have to explain what is bad about there training to me.
    Maybe with examples relevant to kron, and then ones relevant to the diaz brothers.

20. Combat Sports

In my humble opinion, the Diaz brothers have been vastly overrated for many years. Nick Diaz has admitted he is only in MMA for the money and his main talents seem to consist of running his mouth enough to get high profile fights which he then loses. All the bluster leading up to his fight with GSP would be my best example of this. I will say his attitude seems to of seriously improved recently but if he gets in the ring with Anderson Silva and fights anything like he did with GSP he is going to end up knocked out for the first time in his career.

BJJ and Boxing is (Alone, without wrestling) is not and has not been viable in top end MMA for quite some time. The only hold out for that is Aldo, who virtually never goes to the ground anymore. And worked on his TD until it was seriously epic in order to be able to survive in his division full of wrestlers.