Fish's log...

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Fish Of Doom, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

shamefur dispray potato:

1.5h weightlifting:
    awful session. absolutely dreadful. managed to repeatedly fail 80 in the most horrible ways possible (i even managed to catch it only for it to automatically dump before i could stand up). so i spent most of the session doing clean pulls and some light snatches. when i got home, EVERYTHING started hurting (As if i had a fever), and now that i woke up i feel even worse and my lymphatics are the size of basketballs. blargh. no idea what the hell happened.

2. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Hope you feel better soon and your next session is awesome!

3. Fish Of Doom

cheers! resting today and we'll see what happens next week (which is a recovery week according to the programming). this is however giving me interesting data regarding how my system responds to periodization (pseudo fever aside, given the epic session i did on wednesday, and the awful session or three i had immediately after klokov's seminar, this basically stinks of me rebounding after pushing to a limit, which has happened a few times before as well (particularly for my ohp and deadlift). hopefully i should be stupid strong within two weeks, if i take it easy for a few days.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
  4. Fish Of Doom

recuperating potato:

hang snatch:
    45kg 1x4
    47.5kg 1x4
    50kg 1x4
    52.5kg 1x3
    55kg 3x1
    pedro's travelling, so just did the vanilla stuff from the routine pdf, minus the squats because of lack of time (had stuff to do). will squat tomorrow. this is "recovery week".

hang snatch pull:
    50kg 3x4
    hang snatch pull.

clean:
    60kg 1x4
    70kg 1x4
    75kg 2x2
    herp derp. tried a few jerks at 75 with bizarre results :p (lost the habit of jerking from the front, so on one i had horizontal movement during the drive and lost the bar, the second i just power jerked because reasons, and the third i hit myself in the chin but somehow managed to get the split jerk anyway :p)

5. Fish Of Doom

tuesday potato:

back squat:
    80kg 1x4
    90kg 1x4
    100kg 1x2
    110kg 1x1
    120kg 1x1
    didn't have time for squats on monday so did them on tuesday. slowly inching back to my prior numbers :D

BTN split jerk:
    60kg 1x3
    65kg 1x3
    70kg 1x3
    75kg 1x2
    80kg 1x2
    i'm never fresh when it's time to do these, but they seem to happen anyway, so i guess that's good.

clean pulls:
    80kg 1x4
    90g 1x4
    100kg 1x2
    110kg 1x2
    blargh.

wednesday potato:

1.5h weightlifting:
    cleans, snatches and front squats up to not-too-heavy weights, some stretching.

6. Fish Of Doom

rebound potato:

ohp:
    37.5kg 1x5
    42.5kg 1x4
    50kg 1x3
    57.5kg 1x2
    62.5kg 1x1
    65kg 1x1
    70kg 1x1
    60kg 4x5
    strong-15 week 6. was scared poopless of the 70, but it went up like nothing. then i went and ran out of juice on the 60kg AMRAP, so just did more sets :p looks like 80 before new year is happening, folks :D

back squat:
    60kg 1x3
    80kg 1x3
    90kg 1x3
    100kg 1x2
    110kg 1x1
    lost the bar attempting a second 110, then left it to go oly lift.

1h weightlifting:
    snatches (lost the heavier ones, but my pull is improving), cleans (managed 85, racked 90 but couldn't stand up with it), and a bunch of 1-plate split jerks off the rack (front, not BTN)

7. Fish Of Doom

major potato spudovich, recipient of the medal of omnomnom:

we met up for some light extracurricular training with pedro today and to discuss next week's training. next week for me is super heavy competition training (there's a small comp hosted by one of the other boxes a few days before christmas), so for me it was nothing but stretching. after that, we derped around a bit in the weightroom. i did ohp, deadlifts, rdls, some KB swings, and then bought food.

8. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

crossfit or oly comp?

9. Fish Of Doom

oly, for god's sake :p

10. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

you'll probably stick 90 c&j at the comp with pressure and smelling salts.

11. Fish Of Doom

ha, as if the concept of smelling salts exists here in argentina :p

12. Fish Of Doom

monday blues potato:

ohp:
    60kg 3x1
    20kg 1x5
    30kg 1x5
    40kg 1x5
    50kg 1x5
    pre-oly-lifting screwing around. absolutely no overhead strength today, which gave me a sad :(.

1.5h weightlifting:
    weightlifting with pedro. some snatches (up to a decent 60, but wonky overhead; getting better speed on the second pull), and a whole bunch of clean and jerks (he's finally made me switch to the full lift, got to 85 with wonky jerks, failed to clean 90). did front squats after pedro left.

front squat:
    60kg 1x4
    70kg 1x4
    80kg 1x4
    90kg 1x3
    80kg 2x3
    blaaaaargh. also, a canadian dude has joined the box to use the open gym area, so we chatted for a bit, which was cool (my spoken english hasn't rusted too much! YAY!)

13. Fish Of Doom

grand inquisitor potatus, the hammer of carbs:

1h weightlifting:
    taking advantage of spending less time at uni now that exam season is underway, so dropped by CF jötun for one of pedro's tuesday sessions. power snatches up to where they stop being power, which was 60, and same thing with cleans at 80, then clean pulls with 100 and some weighted jumps with 30.

ohp:
    40kg 1x5
    47.5kg 1x4
    55kg 1x3
    60kg 1x2
    62.5kg 1x1
    67.5kg 1x1
    70kg 1x1
    57.5kg 3x5
    evening session at convoy crossfit. strong-15 week 7 with multiple sets on the backoff instead of an AMRAP because i was completely blargh today. 70 went up but was grindy and all the other reps were slow. may try to do it again on friday or saturday depending on how beat up i end up.

deadlift:
    60kg 1x5
    70kg 1x5
    80kg 1x5
    90kg 1x5
    100kg 1x5
    110kg 1x4
    120kg 1x3
    130kg 1x2
    90kg 1x5
    100kg 1x4
    110kg 1x3
    120kg x12
    80kg 1x5
    90kg 1x4
    100kg 1x3
    110kg 1x2
    70kg 1x5
    80kg 1x4
    90kg 1x3
    100kg 1x2
    ROARRRRRRR!!!!

farmer's walk:
    24kg 3x56m
    indoors this time :p

14. Fish Of Doom

deads all double overhand except the second 130.

15. matveimediaarts

matveimediaarts Underappreciated genius

Nice OHP, bro! :) :cool: I am impress. I'm working my way up to that. I have a few years' worth of bad habits (due to a poor coach) to overcome and plenty of work to get to that weight. Do you ever use dumbells for OHP?

16. Fish Of Doom

only for shiggles, even though i actually should as my left shoulder is still weaker than my right. i prefer pressing KBs, tbh. also, if you do everything right you can probably press more than i do within a year because i basically do whatever the hell i want rather than follow a structured program :p

17. Fish Of Doom

accidentally potato:

1.5h weightlifting:
    liftan'. snatches up to a really ugly 67.5, a 70 that i got overhead but lost behind, and a 72.5 that i couldn't lockout, fell on my traps and nearly made me faceplant because i couldn't release the straps fast enough :p. cleans up to 85 with little trouble, failed all attempts at 90. front squats up to some random reps at 90.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  18. matveimediaarts

matveimediaarts Underappreciated genius

DAYUMN, son! And I thought my recent shoulder/upper back aches were nasty. :eek: Here's hoping you don't fudge up again, bro. ~raises a glass~ :cool:

19. Fish Of Doom

i actually have video of it. it's a pretty bizarre fail. the snatches are got were basically power snatches too, feet WAAAAAAY out and all at parallel or above (may upload the 67.5 get and 70 miss behind later)

20. Fish Of Doom

split potato:

BTN split jerk:
    60kg 1x4
    70kg 1x4
    80kg 3x3
    BTN. early training before rushing off to uni. was weak as poop.

split jerk:
    60kg 1x4
    70kg 1x4
    80kg 1x3
    90g 3x1
    off the squat rack, from normal clean rack position. late evening training after uni. was less weak as poop. pressout on the last three 90s.

clean pull:
    90kg 1x4
    100kg 1x4
    110kg 2x4
    120kg 3x2
    le clean pulls. 120s were slow, but, well, duh.