What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by YODA, Apr 1, 2003.

1. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Al Marconi - Terra Nova
    Beautiful acoustic guitar blending of Spanish, Flamenco, and Middle Eastern fusion.

2. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

I am literally "LOL" in my office listening to this. Metal is usually not my thing, but this guy is turning me into a fan! Always smiling, always relaxing -- and always shredding a familiar tune in an unfamiliar way like a boss! :happy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4eJjjXQZsw

3. aikiMac

4. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

5. aikiMac

6. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

7. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Rene Marie - Black Lace Freudian Slip
    This girl can sing jazz as well as anybody today. This is a really cool CD filled with excellent musicianship and style. Makes me feel like I'm sitting at a table in a back room, smoke filled Jazz club with a bourbon and soda.

8. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

9. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Depeche Mode - Violator
    The video for Enjoy the Silence on MTV was my early intro To Dm. This was the first DM CD I owned, still a fave. World in my eyes, Halo, Personal Jesus, Policy of truth.

Santana/McLaughlin - love Devotion Surrender
    Two amazing guitarist with wonderful backing musicians play some Coltrane. A Love Supreme, Naima, The Life Divine, Meditation

10. 19thlohan

19thlohan Beast and the Broadsword

Having just seen the Martin Barre band this past weekend, fantastic show, I've really been getting into his solo career a lot. He's perhaps the most underrated guitarist ever. His recent show featured several of his solo songs and some great versions of all his Tull classics. His Robert Johnson cover of Crossroads with his part played on mandolin was bizarre but awesome but it was his 2 heavied up Beatles covers that I've been listening to a ton since the show. There's a fantastic studio version of the Eleanor Rigby on his back to steel album but there's nothing quite like seeing and hearing a legend live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TF0KQqY64l4

11. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Eric Marienthal - It's Love
    Smooth Jazz Saxapnonist makes some beautiful noise. Get Here, In a Sentamental Mood, St. Moritz, Can't Buy Me Love.

Sky Cries Mary - This Timeless Turning
    Almost forgotten 90's Psychadelic band. Wasn't really into these guys, but this is a really good CD. Scapegoat, Don't forget the sky, Vuh, These old bones.

12. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

ELO - Mr Blue Sky. Anyone who has seen the new Guardians of the Galaxy film will know why I'm smiling listening to it.

13. Nojon

Nojon Tha mo bhàta-foluaimein

14. aikiMac

Hmm ... I've been listening to Jazz 24 Online a lot today, but I'm going to give this a try. "Smooth Jazz saxophone" can't be all bad. :)

15. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Frank Marino/mahogany Rush - Tales of the unexpected
    Covers of All Along The Watchtower, Norwegian Wood, and live tracks Door of Illusion, Woman. Great 70's Guitar rock.

Seals and Crofts - Grt. Hits
    Mellow rock at it's best. Diamond Girl, Summer Breeze, Hummingbird

16. aikiMac

17. 19thlohan

19thlohan Beast and the Broadsword

18. aikiMac

:eek: Holy cow, how did I not know his name before?! THAT is an illustration of why the Blues is my favorite music! :happy:

19. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Simply Red - Grt Hits
    A lot of hits on this CD. Really good music. Holding Back the Years, Stars, The Right Thing, If You Don't Know Me By Now.

20. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Depeche Mode - Songs of Faith and Devotion
    For me, This is DM at it's peak. Listening to this CD today reminds me how great each track really is. Almost a concept album as every song truly is about Faith and Devotion. I Feel You, Walking in my shoes, In your room, Rush.