Let us define "Ninjutsu"

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by eclectic, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Dunc

Dunc Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Hi Mouzalina.

Would it be ok to explain the relevance of your post to the topic at hand (it looks like you're posting the same unrelated post in several Ninjutsu threads)?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2016
  2. Fudo-shin

Fudo-shin Valued Member

Yeah, Amatsu Tatara seems very "new age" to me but that is just my opinion.

3. gapjumper

gapjumper Intentionally left blank

After a peroid of relatively little weirdness. Here they all come again!

Those (and a few others constantly trolling) is why most of us stopped bothering to post frequently.

Should we return to (actually enforced) "zero tolerance"? Is the minimum post rule still active?

4. MissingNin

MissingNin New Member

My bad, my bad. :bang: Sorry that I called it a blog; I know that it's a forum. That debate was irrelevant to the topic so I wanted not to continue it.

5. Pankeeki

Pankeeki Valued Member

That is a big if.
    Hayes has a long tradition of making up stuff and adding it to the limited amount of knowledge he gained in his practice. His knowledge of modern combat arts is also very limited. If you look at the way people move in Toshindo it is very far removed from the principles of combat used in correct taijutsu. His movement shows a big lack of understanding of those principles. So i dont consider it ninjutsu.

There is no need for modernisation of ninjutsu, in fact most of the crappy taijutsu you see online is people doing a "modern" version of something they really dont understand or have learned correctly.

6. kouryuu

kouryuu Kouryuu

Totally agree Pankeeki, great post mate

7. JibranK

JibranK Valued Member

[​IMG]

Guns continued to be popular in the Edo period, but martial arts as a whole certainly declined. Swords became more elements of the attire of the bushi class (to the point that some bushi would walk around with ornately decorated swords that had wooden blades). Battlefield weaponry also suffered, preserved in a few schools, but otherwise in disuse or practised in unrealistic ways.

8. garth

garth Valued Member

Yes maybe, BUT they were still not as popular as in the west nor as technologically advanced. :bang: