Malicious MAP?

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Problems and Tests' started by SpikeD, Mar 30, 2017.

1. SpikeD

SpikeD At the Frankenstein Place

For the past two days I have had this warning when trying to access MAP using the Opera browser. Any ideas?

Malicious site warning

This site may be hacked or contain malicious software. Visiting this page may be harmful.

Opera Software strongly discourages visiting this page.

2. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

I'll have a look, I'm sure I still have Opera installed

3. SpikeD

If it helps i am using Opera Beta Version [FONT=&quot]44.0.2510.849

It was working fine up until tue/wed
    [/FONT]

4. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

I see it too, but all the scans I run seem to be reporting everything is OK, which it's clearly not. I'll keep digging.

5. SpikeD

Curious that Opera reports malware but IE, Chrome and FF don't. Good luck.

6. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Yeah bit concerning really! It was the yandex blacklist Opera was obeying.

I think I've sorted it now, but it might take a day or so for the warning in Opera to go.

7. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

I've been getting something similar (using Chrome) when accessing via my work server. It only appears when I click on the top menu to access the sites main overview page. If I go straight to the forum section it doesn't happen.

8. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

Hmmmm, I go to sign on I get a warning that site is not secure.The Firefox recently updated so maybe that's the problem?

9. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Lots going on behind the scenes.

An update soon.

10. SpikeD

I'm not getting the warning any more so that's 1 down n to go

:)

11. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

That's just a notification that the latest version of Firefox displays on all sites that contain a login box and aren't served over an encrypted connection. It doesn't mean anything's happened to MAP - it's just the browser developers' way of encouraging everyone to serve their websites over secure HTTP connections to prevent any data you enter being readable if the information you send is intercepted between you and MAP.

The best thing to do for now is make sure you use a unique password to sign on to MAP. Don't use the same one you use for Amazon or your bank account.

12. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

We hope to have a new MAP online in the next few weeks.

I've been saying for a while it will happen soon, but rather than do something that isn't right, Saz, Aegis, Mitch and myself have spent a lot of time behind the scenes talking to and employing experts to make MAP the place we want it to be.

New servers, new software and hopefully a new logo, but still MAP as you know it with the functions you want.

We'll update further as soon as we can because although we are close we are still maybe two or three weeks away if there are no further issues.