What game are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Kuma, Mar 23, 2013.

1. mjl

mjl ITF Taekwon-Do (1st Dan)

You stopped playing Dark Souls? Please report to Oswald of Carim immediately to absolve your sins! :)

2. Rhythmkiller

Rhythmkiller Animo Non Astutia

Watchdogs.

Really very surprsied with this one. Considering i wasn't going to get it. It's brilliant, the spider tank is awsome. recommend this.

Baza

3. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

I am playing on getting this althrough it has had some mixed reviews from some online critics... I always go on player reviews through, what system are you playing it on?

4. Rhythmkiller

I am playing on the xbox one. To sum this game up i'd say it does everything brilliantly and i mean absolutely better than any game before it but there is nothing new to see here. It's brilliant solid gameplay with decent graphics. It has been likened to GTA but in my opinion it more like headhunter for the old dreamcast. It's a brilliant game but not one i'd say you absolutely must buy but if you do you will get a a solid 30 hour playthrough not including side missions and mini games.

Baza

5. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Yeah watchdogs is a solidly ok game. I played it for maybe 10 hours and had fun but I have no desire to pick it up again. The hacking stuff is a nice new idea but the game itself is just...meh.

6. Rhythmkiller

It actually gets very good after act 2. Again everything in it has been done before with the exception of the superb spider tank.

Baza

7. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

It doesn't help Aiden is bland. I've heard its to help you project yourself onto him more but it kills the characterization and story. Really wish devs would simply make characters for us to play instead of the "this could be you!" stuff.

Like bf4 with its silent protagonist who is somehow a squad leader but takes all his commands from the soldiers under his command because they're not mute. Completely breaks immersion.

8. Rhythmkiller

I think you make a very important point here. You don't care about him. The supporting cast around him though is an entirely different matter. All voice acting and scripting is superb and the characters feel fleshed out with the exception of Aiden. He is the let down. Jordi, clara, T-Bone et all are all fantastic and you do get a feeling the devs made a boo boo with the main guy. Having said that very high production and polish in this game.

Baza

9. Heikki Mustola

Heikki Mustola Valued Member

Counter-Strike Global Offensive, we are playing competitive matches with friends. Currently Distinguished Master Guardian rank. Cant get myself up to Legendary Eagle. Got a good streak of 5 or 6 wins but now lost 2 straight so I am far away again...

Also started Psychonauts again. One of the best adventure games ever.

10. Rhythmkiller

Rocksmith 2014 - my little girl got me it for fathers day. Amazing game, now when you play guitar it actually allows you to practice freely the way you would when learning. Top class and superb song list. Playing through my Ibanez ART 300 the active pickup make a big difference on songs tuned to drop d. Beautiful cleans for knocking on heavens door on a Les Paul.

If you want to learn guitar then get this game and buy a cheap guitar, i really wish this was around when i was first learning guitar. It would have saved so much time 10/10

Baza

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
  11. mjl

Elite: Dangerous, premium beta 2. Brilliant space game in development. If you ever played the original Elite, nuff said.

12. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

"Snake" on my old Nokia 3310.

13. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Hooked on Titanfall.

Needs more guns though.

14. mjl

For anyone who hasn't experienced the amazement of that which is Demons Souls for PS3, it's currently reduced to £3.99 in the PSN store. Total bargain.

15. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

Very, very tempted by that actually. I'll have to think about that.

=====

Playing Beyond: Two Souls. Yeah, I'm a few hours of gameplay into it and it's turning out to be even better than I thought it would be. :D

Also picked up MGS 4 recently that I'm going to try after I've finished Two Souls.

And I'm still waiting for The Wolf Amongst Us: Episode 5 and Episode 4 of the Walking Dead: Season 2 to be released.

16. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Just finishing Dishonoured and looking to buy the Knife of Dunwall DLC. Also picked up From Dust and I am alive on sale on XBL.

From Dust is a amazing god game (I used to love Populus) and the physics are spot on.

I am alive: love the fact you can out psych attackers, faking with your gun pretending you have a bullet in the chamber or get them in close for a suprise kill. Climbing is also tense due to the limited amount of stamina.

Two good finds!

17. Rand86

Rand86 likes to butt heads

Got myself the first Risen some time ago and I'm enjoying the heck out of it, several bald patches on my head and handfuls of hair scattered on the floor notwithstanding. :D

18. Rhythmkiller

Bungie has opened the Destiny Beta for all platforms. No Beta code required just download from Marketplace for Xbox 360 and Xbox One and PSN for Playstation.

Baza

19. furinkazan

furinkazan Valued Member

SMITE with some friends from uni

Darksiders 2 (attempting a 100% playthrough)

20. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

Walking Dead Season 2 - Episode 4 came out a few days ago and it was...wow. I felt horrible at the end. Not entirely unexpected either, which just made it that much more dramatic.

The Wolf Among Us - by the same guys that have made the Walking Dead games. So...much...fun. Weird seeing all the fables of old in such a modern, dark light.

Currently jumping between The Witcher 2 and MGS 4: Guns of the Patriots though. Both seem cool but I'm finding both difficult to get into.