Why are you here?

Discussion in 'Kuk Sool' started by CriticalDog, May 1, 2014.

1. kuksool_keith

kuksool_keith Valued Member

Problem is every topic ends up in an arguement. I have asked for help a number of times on here and nothing ever comes of it. Nothing really constructive is ever gained on the site which is a shame

2. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

I don't think that is necessarily true - yes there tends to be a "descent into madness" but typically that is when someone has preconceived or ill-advised views and cannot cope with the fact they may be wrong

Certain forums are worse than others - the Ninjutus forum had to have a separate ruleset put into place for that very reason - but overall a viewpoint that is well articulated is accepted and even *gasp* USEFUL even if one does not necessarily agree with it

3. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Any physical activity will; although if fitness is your primary goal Kuk Sool would not be the first choice martial art

4. Obewan

Obewan "Hillbilly Jedi"

Not true you bum, what the hell do you know about it? ;):D (joking of course) My decent into madness...

Seriously, MA's especially Kuk Sool is very good for fitness if trained properly. Joint health, muscle endurance, balance, flexibility, meditation. Even falling techniques build resistance to impact. Bottom line is if you like something go for it, if something else trips your trigger do that, just get off the damn couch and do it.

5. KJMS

KJMS Valued Member

KS Keith,you are looking in the wrong place! everyone shifted to a more fair grounds to discuss without having a moderator.It's alive and very active! Not a closed group,wide open for anyone.You'll find guys thats from the early 70's to the 90's.

6. CriticalDog

CriticalDog Valued Member

I would be curious to know what this fair ground is? lol

7. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

I'm here to troll all the colonies who had their membership to the Empire revoked.

8. Obewan

Obewan "Hillbilly Jedi"

I'm here to chew bubblegum and kick some butt...oh darn I'm all outta bubblegum.

9. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

Sorry, no butt to kick here either

10. marinevet63031

marinevet63031 Hapkido/Koryo Gumdo/TKD

I trained in Kuk Sool - Dr. Kimm vein. Way different than Kuk Sul Won as I"be seen in St. Charles, MO. I do like to see difference and similarity in the Korean arts.

11. 47MartialMan

The "Real Skill" is to chew bubblegum and kick butt at the same time

12. Obewan

Obewan "Hillbilly Jedi"

That's a Jedi secret skill...how'd you find out about that?

13. 47MartialMan

I felt it in "The Force"

14. Maggie

Maggie Valued Member

Ouch