Bruce Lee beaten by Trovador Ramos?

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by Combat Sports, Jul 24, 2014.

1. Combat Sports

Combat Sports Formerly What Works Banned

So apparently there is a Filipino named Trovador Romas who sparred Bruce Lee before "Enter the Dragon" came out and beat him? I have been digging around to find sources for this rumor and the details seem to be that Trovador afterward was asked to be one of Bruce's coaches and was offered a role in "Enter the Dragon".

Can anyone confirm or disprove this?

2. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

First I'm hearing of it. Where did you hear this rumour in the first place?

3. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

If this had happened I guarantee it would have come to light 41 years ago

querist likes this.
  4. Combat Sports

5. Combat Sports

6. Combat Sports

7. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

Never heard that one before

8. Late for dinner

Late for dinner Valued Member

''a movie actor, stunt man, Martial Arts Red Belt master (14th degree), and founder and developer of the Trovador Ramos Asian Consolidated Martial Arts or TRACMA, a unique and complete system of Martial Arts. ''

''14th degree master'' - a big clue

I bet that there would have been someone in the big crowd that watched this that would have told the world about this years ago for either publicity or money.... stories about what happened with aguy dead 40+ years are really just that..... stories.

Better to train that to try and tease what litle possible truth there might be in this whole thing.

LFD

querist likes this.
  9. kuntaoer

kuntaoer Valued Member

This rumor has been floating around the fma circles for decades.. It has yet to be proven and like most rumors it is probably unfounded.. I heard about it in the Philippines back in the late 70s when I was living there

querist likes this.
  10. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

I beat Bruce Lee too.

This statement carries as much weight as Trovador Ramos's claim.

11. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

Why does I matter who beat Bruce lee?
    He wasnt a competitive fighter...

12. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

10:1 all of those websites were written by the same dude and he's got some kind of online instructional school. Get your white belt for three easy payments of $39.95!

13. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

White belt...online lessons...pfffht....for $39.95 I'll send you a black belt, no online lessons needed :D

It will mean about as much (which is nothing) but heck you'll have a black belt to impress your fiends and neighbors

14. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

Everyone has now that he's dead :eek:

15. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

OK not that it matters, who hasnt come off worse in a sparring match up... Funny how it was apparently hushed up so Bruce wouldn't lose face....

I find the story of Gene Lebell sneaking up and putting Bruce Lee in a fireman carry and running around the set of the Green Hornet with Bruce screaming blue murder more amusing.

Katori_jingu likes this.
  16. Combat Sports

It does not diminish my thoughts on Lee at all. I was mostly looking for some debunking.

17. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

That third link above links back to a discussion on MAP from 2005.

18. DarkdaemonPK2

DarkdaemonPK2 New Member

19. DarkdaemonPK2

DarkdaemonPK2 New Member

(link deleted)

20. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Mod note: Welcome Darkdaemon, Links alone, without commentary are not allowed on MAP. Left your original link, but deleted your second post. Maybe the second post was an accidental double post?