Things that make you go :-)) take two!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Sam, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

As an English buff Mitch you'll know that the correct term is species not breed. :)
    You don't get breeds of snake.

2. Heraclius

Heraclius BASILEVS Supporter

Also, it's venomous, not poisonous. If it were poisonous the toxins would be in its flesh, not its fangs. Incidentally, that is the best way to deal with a venomous snake - stand still and wait for it to move on.

3. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Guess you just had to be there:)

4. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

After what seems like an eternity of planning, fighting with city officials and cutting through red tape my girlfriend has finally opened a restaurant! It's been bit of a dream of hers for numerous years so I'm pretty pleased for her.

So if any of you are in Helsinki, you know where to come for coffee or something to eat. I am sure there are highchairs for our shorter members of the forum!

Today was the opening day and apparently it was absolute madness! There are some good reviews on FB, so hopefully the restaurant will be a success and I can retire and become a professional dog walker and napper.

This also means I should be moving to Helsinki after summer. I am quite happy about that as I have grown to really dislike the town I live in (Turku). As some of you know, I got diagnosed with Crohn’s disease about a year and a half ago. Although the symptoms are pretty mild, they have hindered my training and have affected me mentally. The past few months I’ve felt a lot better so I should get back into training after the move. *knocks on wooden table*

There’s some good clubs in the city. I am hoping to get to capoeira as despite the negativity towards the art, it is a heck of a lot of fun and the guy running the CDO club is apparently very good. But there is also an excellent “savate” school that offers boxing and BJJ as well as boxe française and savate defense, a good HEMA club, and a couple of FMA schools I want to check out (PTK, and Kali sikaran).

Decisions, decisions.

5. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

That's fantastic news buddy! Congratulations to Mrs Bostik!!

6. Bozza Bostik

Cheers buddy! It's been a bit of a nightmare the past few months, I'm glad it's all done for the sake of her mental health. I guess the real hard part is only just beginning though.

It's dog friendly in the day, so I guess sloths are welcome as well. She did say "no riff-raff" though....:p

7. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Stick a link up man, let's have a look at the place! Any veggie food?

MItch

8. Bozza Bostik

9. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

I was asked today, if I could imagine being Uke for a test my teacher is taking at the end of the year.
    Hell, yeah.

I'm rather nervous though :D but I think, I actually can do it.

Now it's up to him, if he really chooses to take me.

10. boards

boards Its all in the reflexes!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrJRSf55zsE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrJRSf55zsE[/ame]
    :eek:
    Where can I get one of these:evil:

11. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

Finally got a new addition to my gun garage:
    Floor ceiling punch bag. Been after one for ages, and best wife in the world got me one for my birthday.

Time to add that to my workout plan!!

12. HachiKuma

HachiKuma Valued Member

13. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

Hottest day it's been this way all year? Better put the kettle on, there's tea to drink!

Also, rowing a 63kg dumbbell strapless. That was fun. The DOMS isn't, but still.

14. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Mrs VZ just got promoted to blue belt in BJJ by David Onuma after just 20 months training.

I am one proud husband right now. :D

15. greg1075

greg1075 Valued Member

Ms. 1075 has no interest in BJJ whatsoever :(

16. ned

ned Valued Member

My eldest daughter found out today she got a distinction in her fine art foundation course at Oxford Brooke's university :) (where she has a place to go on to do the degree course) . Damien First , Tracey Emin et all , watch out !!

17. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
  18. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Pwned by a woman....

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECrHFZ0EvwA&app=desktop"]PHILADELPHIA SOUL FLEX CAM SURPISE - YouTube[/ame]

You flex, girl!

19. E-Rocker

E-Rocker Valued Member

Printed the boarding pass for the trip I'm taking tomorrow & noticed it says "TSA Pre-Check" on it. Looking forward to keeping my belt & shoes on when I go through airport security. :)

20. Nachi

Nachi Valued Member Supporter

Not too long ago, two new female students came to the class. I was chatting with one of them and she seemed a little afraid of what will be expected of her. I tried to be friendly and explained there's no need to be nervous, it's ok to take it easy. Then she went: "You say that, but I even saw someone with their knuckles bruised and calloused from how you hit things!" She looked down. "..... oh, it was you...."