Dr Doug Graham 67 yo RAW VEGAN- jesus christ pushup

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by airweaver, Apr 8, 2011.

1. airweaver

airweaver Valued Member

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pGzUfRyfHA"]YouTube - Jesus Christ Push-Ups[/ame]

Dr Doug, Author of 80/10/10 raw vegan diet demonstrates his strength.

2. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Yeah but.......can he fight?:fight1:

3. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

Drive by, welcome back.

I don't see that being a vegan has anything to do with it, to be honest.

4. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

Neither do I. Just looks like some kind of odd extended push-up.

5. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

I just did 10 of them before so believe me they can't be that hard. Mind you I'm not pushing 70. Props to the guy, if I see him I'll buy him a steak

6. seiken steve

I just repped out a handful like and I eat animals with every meal.

7. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

I keep thinking about Tenacious D......

8. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

You can borrow my shirt when you go.

[​IMG]

9. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

Lovely. Anecdotal evidence to prove a point, looking at a selection of subjects n=1 and assuming that single value to draw a trend line to prove whatever point you wanted to make.

On that note, using myself as the subject then anyone in green shorts can rep out 50, pressups, eats steak several times a week, drives a red car and moderates a martial arts site.

10. seiken steve

green shorts; check
    50 press ups; yeah i'd manage check
    red car; damn it!
    mod: haha the place would fall appart!!

well its been proven, i am infact, not you.

11. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

Actually, I think airweaver may have a point. I did a max reps set of 70 pressups the other day. I had sausages and bacon for brekkie this morning, tried another max reps set and only managed 65.

I'm going to stop eating meat now otherwise in two weeks time I won't be capable of doing any pressups at all.

12. Hatamoto

Hatamoto Beardy Man Kenobi Supporter

When you're as weak as me, what you eat matters little to how many pressups you can do. Make mine medium rare :)

13. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

Meat strength!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17ptVrk4vo8&feature=fvwrel"]YouTube - Benedikt Magnusson 1100 Pound Deadlift World Record!![/ame]

14. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

Although to be fair, Benni is younger. Odd Haugen is 61 this year and still a beast though.

[​IMG]

15. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

16. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

[​IMG]

17. seiken steve

oh dear....

18. mdgee

mdgee Valued Member

I am vegan but I do not subscribe to DG's b.s. 80 10 10 diet nor do I follow any of his masked profanity removed dogma. He's a natural hygienist and those people are more dangerous then any others. They do not believe in any cooked food, call grains poisonous, do not use any spices and push their whacky logic at everyone claiming that their diet is the first for mankind. Mind you, DG didn't even write 80 10 10 He used and editor and ghost writers. In the early days of his books I would ask him a specific question and his stock answer was "go buy my book". It took me years of conversations before I realized why he was saying this. He didn't have a darn clue what was in his book so he had to tell people to go read it. Duh. Jake Shields is vegan but not 80 10 10. Robert Cheeke wrote a great book on vegan bodybuilding but he's not 80 10 10. Oh, and there's an amazing, German guy who is the strongest guy in the world. I believe his name is Patrik Baboumian. Forgive me if I misspelled his name. Look him up. He's not 80 10 10. Oh, and our other MMA fighter, Mac Danzig, is vegan but not 80 10 10.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2014
  19. mdgee

mdgee Valued Member

Here's Patrik, the strongest man in the world. Oh, and he's vegan.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xdSd_EjmMo"]STRENGTH - PETA Spot with Vegan Strongman Patrik Baboumian - YouTube[/ame]

20. Kave

Kave Lunatic

a). Not the strongest man in the world (he is very strong though).
    b). He only converted to veganism in 2011, but admittedly was a vegetarian since 2005.
    c). He must be consuming vegan protein shakes by the bucket-load.

I can't even begin to imagine how much it would cost for him to meet his protein needs. Vegan protein powder costs about three times as much as standard protein powders as far as I can tell. He must have a good sponsorship deal, because I reckon the cost of the quantity of supplements he must be eating would be enough to bankrupt most people.