Fish's log...

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Fish Of Doom, Aug 30, 2011.

1. matveimediaarts

matveimediaarts Underappreciated genius

Hey Fish-do you use straps for your db rows? I ordered some straps today and I'm going to experiment with using them on db rows as well as squats, deadlifts, etc.

2. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

You dont need to be strapping with squats

3. Mangosteen

ill post a video on strapping tonight

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  4. matveimediaarts

matveimediaarts Underappreciated genius

Ah, sheesh, I didn't mean to say squats. /facepalm @ self :eek:

5. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

what zaad said. also,

amicable potato (trains with friends):

deadlift:
    met up with gary yesterday, and we went round to cosmic fish's place for some lifting before heading out to get food. i PR'd :D. 160kg: https://instagram.com/p/zuoPpzpAvy/

farmer's walk:
    60kg ~10m i think?
    cosmic has farmer walk handles too, which i wanted to try, so i did. tried 80 afterwards with straps but i don't think i could have walked with it so i out it back down (bummer, wanted to try up to 100 per hand :p). 120kg walk: https://instagram.com/p/zusHKgpAlE/

1h45m karate:
    popped down to oxford for some training with llamageddon, who kindly invited me to the dojo where he trains. damn good shotokan, pretty heavy training, good atmosphere, and enough high specificity cardio to utterly ruin me without being enough to make me have a heart attack, so that's good. no video, so here's yesterday's rowing :p (on one side only, because my setup is too long to get both on instagram, and left side specifically because VEIN! :D): https://instagram.com/p/zvcFdgpAmy/

6. Mangosteen

When you come down here do you want to come to my gym and try the strong man stuff? (that's my strongman-try day anyway)
    we also have a boxing ring, bags, gloves and i can bring sticks if you want?

7. Fish Of Doom

god, yes, do you even need to ask? :p

babby's first log press plz :D

8. Fish Of Doom

i have handwraps and gumshield with me, but am curently gloveless (although i don't like boxing gloves that much, i'm more of a grabby grabby smashy guy :p)

9. Mangosteen

my gym is about an hour away from JWT/wycombe but ill treat you lunch after

you can give the log press a go! im flipping tyres!

also ill bring mma gloves

10. Fish Of Doom

awesome :D

gotta coordinate with jwt re: times as i think he had two classes running during the time i'll be there, but i think they were both afternoon/evening classes, so morning training plus lunch should be ok.

11. Mangosteen

That was the plan!

12. Fish Of Doom

things and possibly people shall therefore be lifted. how much are you weighting by the way?

13. Fish Of Doom

buntàta (scottish gaelic for potato?):

dl:
    150kg 1x1
    chadderz and i lifted weightsies! :D. i assessed his technique for squatting, deadlifting and overhead pressing (which was already good) and we made fun of the commercial gym eccentricities :D. also trained martial arts with jwt and lifted with jwt, zaad and mushroom on the days prior (did some oly lifting and some strongman stuff, will put videos up once zaad manages to send the vid of me log pressing)

ohp:
    65kg 1x1
    also, edinburgh is hands down the most aesthetically appealing to me of all the cities i've been to (although stirling is also a beautiful place). will do a little more exploring tomorrow morning if i wake up early enough, and then head down to newcastle.

14. Fish Of Doom

maximus potatus:

snatch:
    70kg 1x1
    so i'm in newcastle with seiken steve and we went to this super awesome gym with all sorts of toys and i maxed out on snatch, cnj and split jerk and then did some rowing. also got videos to send to pedro and i've already been analyzing them and cringing.

cnj:
    87 5kg 1x1
    not the best cnj session ever, took too long to get under the bar and lost 90 twice even though i managed to get deep and put the elbows through. definitely more than strong enough to pull it however. will focus on increasing squat and cnj in the two weeks before returning home.

split jerk:
    100kg 1x1
    102.5kg almost 1x1
    lost 102 before standing up, but locked it out so that's good. amusingly my foot position was better on 102, but my torso was wonky in both (not getting the head through).

rowing
    50kg db 2x5
    machine thingy with 90kg x dunno
    le rows. dat shoulder pump. then hamburgers.

15. Mangosteen

stirling is a terrible place!

16. Fish Of Doom

a tall lady sold me ice cream there. stirling is okay.

17. Mangosteen

i probably should have arranged for you to lift in a comp with my coach while you were there! you could have seen the highlands!

tell you what, next time you're here, come in sumer and we can compete in a highland games and eat pie

18. Fish Of Doom

only if the tall lady sells me ice cream again. she was cool.

19. Fish Of Doom

iron-rich diet potato (lifts instead of having lunch):

ohp:
    60kg 4x3
    62.5kg 12x1
    felt like doing some pressing but was a bit borked from yesterday's stuff, so did triples at 1 plate and then switched to an uncle set (~14min) at just under 90%

20. Fish Of Doom

มันฝรั่ง (thai potato?):

muay thai with unreal combat, dunno time (hour and a half?). thelistmaker tagged along to training while mitch took pics and video. also some pushups and burpees and stuff :D