Ronda Rousey vs Cat Zingano - UFC 184

Discussion in 'MMA' started by SWC Sifu Ben, Mar 1, 2015.

1. SWC Sifu Ben

SWC Sifu Ben I am the law

So 14 seconds... of beautiful grappling into an armbar. It's really not a surprise. I'm thinking at this point she could fight cyborg even with a weight disparity.

I think my favourite part of this is where she cartwheels over with Zingano's arm trapped between her overhook and her body and essentially omoplata's her with her whole body to force the turn over. :D

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSUcFeiSW-c"]Ronda Rousey vs Cat Zingano - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
  2. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

Doubly good night for Rousey, unbelievable result against someone a lot of people were pinning their hopes on and a really unconvincing performance from Holm.

3. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

Cat Zingano must have left her brain in the locker room. "I know what I'll do, I'll throw myself at the Olympian Judoka and see what happens". Maybe she needed the air miles to get back home.

4. ShadowHawk

ShadowHawk Valued Member

Fixed? Seems so. If not Ronda is amazing

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2015
  5. holyheadjch

You're kidding right? Who benefits? Certainly not Zingano or the UFC.

6. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Spoiler tags people.

7. holyheadjch

Do "Rousey dominates opponent" posts really need spoiler tags at this point? In other news, the sky is blue.

8. qazaqwe

qazaqwe Valued Member

That lady should really be fighting dudes by now.

9. holyheadjch

I think she could take down people in the 135 top 15. But which guy would dare to take the fight?

10. qazaqwe

qazaqwe Valued Member

Winner of Dillashaw-Barao 2? Why waste time?

Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
  11. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

that woman is my hero!

My fave fighter at the moment bar none and an absolute masterclass in fighting everytime she steps in there

12. holyheadjch

What fights? She hasn't been in a fight since Tate. Dana is going to be getting nervous. She's only valuable for as long as they can put on interesting fights. There are very few interesting fights left.

13. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Squash matches do legitimately hold interest though - Tyson was watched because he tore through people, not because he jabbed his way to a points decision

14. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Ayep. It's bit her fault she's an absolute beast. Admittedly though Cat looked as though that was her first ever fight.

15. holyheadjch

Yeah, but the opponents still need to be legit and once you've beaten them, there's no real desire to see a rematch. She's rapidly running out of legit opponents.

16. holyheadjch

And the first time she'd ever even seen Rousey fight.

17. Southpaw535

Spoiler tags. Come on guys I shouldn't have to be repeating myself in under two hours. I'll start reporting it as a tos infraction from now on.

18. holyheadjch

There has got to be a more effective way of doing this than spoiler tags. You walk into a thread with the name of an event that was started the day after the event, then I have less than no sympathy.

Can we not just have the word 'spoilers' in the title of the thread?

19. Southpaw535

I agree with you honestly. But, at the moment the rules say that for 24 hours you have to use them so them's be the breaks. Feel free to post it in the suggestions forum.

20. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

Ronda keeps improving with every fight. Her balance/judo is unmatched in the women's division. Her hands are improving but she hasn't been forced into a striking match. Her nickname "the arm collector" is appropriate as she seems to be able to snatch one whenever she wants and from any position. Until she has an opponent that is capable of turning the match into a standup I don't see a threat for her.

Ms. Holmes is a boxer with legitimate skills. She is learning other aspects of MMA. Dana White nailed it in a post fight interview on Holly where he said he didnt care how great an athlete you are. Once you step into the cage it's an entirely different world if you are not well rounded.