dip station advice

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by JKD83, Dec 25, 2014.

1. JKD83

JKD83 Valued Member

Hey folks merry Christmas,

I'm thinking of purchasing a dip station with some of my lovely Christmas pennies as I'm keen to focus on bodyweight training in the new year. I just wondered if anyone could recommend a good one to get that is resonably priced, I've seen the pull up mate one which looks ok as you can do rows and push ups on it too, but if anyone has any other recommendations or advice it would be greatly appreciated and received :)

Thanks in advance and happy new year

2. matveimediaarts

matveimediaarts Underappreciated genius

I've enjoyed the Life Fitness variety and a few others I can't recall ATM. I suggest you try before you buy, regardless. :)
    ETA: In the meantime, you can always use a chair for basic dips. :eek:

Last edited: Dec 25, 2014
  3. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Most peoples dip stations turn into clothes hangers pretty darn quickily.

If your house is suitable think about gymnastic rings or a trx / suspension trainer, cheaper and smaller!

4. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

And extremely versitile, they!

5. matveimediaarts

That's brill, mate! :D Wish I'd thought of it. :cry: Those TRX suspension trainers are great fun.:Angel:

6. JKD83

JKD83 Valued Member

Those suspension training kits look like a good possibility, couldn't really fit them anywhere in my house though, although I have a wall mounted pull up bar on the side of the house, do you think I'd have enough room to perform exercises if I attached it to that?

7. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Yes definitely, if theres space underneath then its doable.

Parrellettes are great for bodyweight training too!

8. matveimediaarts

Should be fine. The cables are easily adjustable (at least, the ones I learned on were). Cheers! :)