TV and anime shows

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by flaming, Jun 26, 2011.

1. flaming

flaming Valued Member

What tv shows is anyone watching?

I've only got the last episode of game of thrones left and im looking for something else. Falling skies maybe. Have any anime started recently that are any good?

2. Daisky

Daisky New Member

If you have the Adult Swim channel they say that the anime "Durarara" is going to air on it.I haven't watched it but they say it is good.

3. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

2004 Battlestar Galatica series (through library DVD's and Netflix).
    :love: I love it. I'm hooked.
    And is there anyone on a TV show hotter than Caprica Six? :hail:

4. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Community!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j25tkxg5Vws&feature=related"]YouTube - ‪Community La Biblioteca Spanish Rap HD‬‏[/ame]

awesome show

5. flaming

flaming Valued Member

Just finished watching Welcome to the NHK. I would recomend this series, especially to anyone who has social anxiety.

6. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

I'm currently enjoying Rizzoli and Isles, Castle and Lost Girl (when I get the chance to see them).

7. Seventh

Seventh Super Sexy Sushi Time

I watch anime as a hobby. Awesome right :) Completely and utterly manly!

On a serious note, watch anime in Japanese. IMO I like the original over the dubs, though I respect the people who like dubs. There are some websites around that host free anime with English subs and no need to download. Also, I recommend Durarara. It's boring at first, but the plot and how they weave it is amazing, especially later on. The animation is top notch too, and the overall enjoyment is very high :D

8. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

Alphas. It's not great but it's not bad either.

9. dormindo

dormindo Active Member Supporter

Bemoaning the cancellation of Detroit 187 and Chicago Hope, awaiting the return of Fringe and Misfits.

paz,

dormindo

10. dormindo

dormindo Active Member Supporter

Oh, and Booth at the End reminds a bit of the original Twilight Zone for some reason.

paz,

dormindo

11. Princess Haru

Princess Haru Valued Member

I'm currently addicted to 'Breaking Bad' only heard of it by searching on top tv shows by rating on IMDB

12. flaming

flaming Valued Member

I'm going through red dwarf its realy good. Is black adder good? My history teacher liked it.

13. Princess Haru

As I'm not online as much in the week, alternating 'La Femme Nikita' during the week with 'Breaking Bad' at weekends.

14. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

I'm working my way through "Ancient Aliens" a TV show that aired on the History Channel and discusses the possibility that aliens might have visited earth in the past and shaped our future. Fascinating and thought provoking.

15. Madao13

Madao13 Valued Member

When it comes to animes one of the greatest of all times is Cowboy Bebop! I recommend it to anyone that hasn't watched it yet and if you want to watch a great anime that has to do with boxing then you definetely have to watch Hajime no Ippo. Well these are two that came from the top of my head.. I am mostly a manga fan so I would be of more help to you if you'll need a manga recommendation..

16. Princess Haru

Got to the end of the first season of La Femme Nikita. Trying not to dive straight into the second season and get on with other stuff, try to catch up on Breaking Bad, do some housework :)

17. 19thlohan

19thlohan Beast and the Broadsword

True Blood and the final episode of Entourage tomorrow. Waiting for the new seasons to begin in a couple of weeks. Looking forward to the return of Hawaii 5-0, Castle, and NCIS!

18. 6footgeek

6footgeek Meow

There's a show called the Alpha's going on now days. i'ts pretty darn good.

also. Game of thrones FTW

I LOVE that dwarf!

19. Waldgeist

Waldgeist Men who beg aren't heroes

IMO the first season isn't that great, and the second is only slightly better.

The third and fourth seasons are hilarious though

20. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

The first series is dire IMHO. I simply cannot see how they managed to commission a second series but I'm glad they did, as each one got better and better.

Blackadder Goes Forth has to be watched if only for the heartbreaking ending to the series.