Kron Gracie vs Hideo Tokoro

Discussion in 'Brazilian Jiu Jitsu' started by Dead_pool, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arWU61UC2PI"]Kron Gracie クãƒ*ン・グレイシー vs Hideo Tokoro 所英男 - RIZIN 2 - YouTube[/ame]

This is from last night, Its good to see Kron's development in applying his BJJ skills to the MMA arena, His back takes, open guard vs strikes and back retention are really really good!

And for background - this is his previous match in the rizin promotion.
    [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQvFyt7Ocd8"]Kron Gracie vs Asen Yamamoto - RIZIN (31/12/15) - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
  2. PointyShinyBurn

PointyShinyBurn Valued Member

Yep, he looked pretty good getting reversed repeatedly from back control against a 39-year-old bantamweight who hasn't won a relevant fight since 2011.

Extrapolating his current activity rate and the quality increase of opposition, he should be ready for a top-50 opponent shortly before the sun swells into a red giant and consumes the inner planets.

3. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

He's no Demian Maia, but there's no need to crap on him.

4. Dead_pool

And maia hasnt always been the beast that he is.

Tokoro has previously beaten a lot of good people including royler back in the day.

5. Gripfighter

Gripfighter Sub Seeker

Does anyone else wish Kron would just come back to competitive BJJ instead of fighting folk way below his level in Japan ? I am all for big name BJJ guys going into the bigger stage of MMA and representing the art but if your not going to try and do it at the top level whats the point. Three fights in Three years, this last one against a 39 year old, I'd honestly just rather see him fighting on Polaris and EBI and competing for Mundial titles, it would be a better use of his talents. He is probably making bank though so fair play to him for that.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
  6. Elbow

Elbow Valued Member

Why's he taking so long to do anything worthwhile in MMA? I understand why he didn't want to rush straight into the UFC and I think Rizin is a decent stepping stone, but I was expecting 3-4 fights per year, and a move across to the UFC after 3 years and some experience gained.

I do think he improves every fight, to be honest, but you'd expect nothing less.

7. Gripfighter

Gripfighter Sub Seeker

Injury's ? trouble developing as a striker and wrestler ? who knows.

I don't rate Rizin, people say its like watching pride again, all I see is way past it legends who have no business stepping in the ring again and second raters. Would be cool too see Kron even in Bellator.

8. Dead_pool

In all likelihood money and making the most out of his name is the reason.

Cant blame the guy for playing it smart.

9. BohemianRapsody

BohemianRapsody Valued Member

I think he's been taking a step up in competition each fight, but I'd say in this case his personal improvement has outpaced the gradual pace.

I also think that's a lot easier to see in hindsight so I wouldn't be one to criticize.

10. Gripfighter

Gripfighter Sub Seeker

Three fights in three years though, if really being something in the sport means anything to him he needs to ramp it up a couple of gears. He's 27, not exactlly retirement age but you couldn't describe him as a young athlete with years too make an impact. If making a few bucks is all he is in it for more power too him but he doesn't strike me as that type, that attitude doesn't reaĺly fit with the public image the gracies like to portray.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  11. Gripfighter

Gripfighter Sub Seeker

Can't blame the guy but can definitely be frustrated as he is very talented and entertaining to watch.

12. BohemianRapsody

BohemianRapsody Valued Member

He definitely needs to fight outside of rizin if he plans to make a career of it. I guess time will tell.

13. greg1075

greg1075 Valued Member

Oh man his striking and footwork are godawful. Atrocious striking into bumrush clinch/takedown and sub stopped working a long time ago. He's 20 years too late and is going to do zilch in MMA if he can't do better in the stand up phase. It doesn't even work in the women's bantamweight division anymore.