Trump by name......

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Dead_pool, Dec 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Iron Fist

The Iron Fist Banned Banned

http://race42016.com/category/poll-watch/

Poll Watch (ABC/WaPo): Clinton Leading Comfortably Nationwide
    Daniel K. Webster 2:31 pm

ABC News / Washington Post National General Election:

Hillary Clinton (D) 51% (52%)
    Donald Trump (R) 43% (45%)

2. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Some people choose to make up facts as they see them. Poll watch as of this morning: Trump tops Clinton 45% to 43% in the new survey, with Libertarian Gary Johnson standing at 7% among likely voters in this poll and the Green Party's Jill Stein at just 2%.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  3. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Mod note: No one has to ignore anyone else's posts on MAP. No one is required to do so. To clarify. What has been asked is to keep the responses to the SUBJECT and not get into personal insults and sniping.

Stick to refuting the subject and not the person posting the subject and everything is fine.

Any further questions, please PM a moderator. Thanks.

4. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

oreelly....

still no link. why don't you show us this poll watch?

5. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pw2sex1mJNI"]Luke Skywalker: Nooooo! That's not True! That's impossible! - YouTube[/ame]

I feel like this is the reaction most of the right is having now.

6. Giovanni

after the post-debate bluster of trump "winning", reality has set in and the freak-out has started. the truly sad thing is how many of the never-trump'ers came around, just in time to see him bomb nationally on live tv with 100 million people watching.

little marco, lyin' ted came around. at least low-energy jeb still has principles.

7. The Iron Fist

It's ironic you'd say that, because what you just posted came from this article on September 7th, 22 days ago. So it's not 'as of this morning', it's from back at the beginning of the month.

Does "Poll Watch" plagiarize CNN.com?

Whatever your source is, it's extremely outdated and no longer accurate assessment of anything. You may have come across something online known as clickbait, essentially a news story you want to hear and is being marketed to you, but contains bogus news (or old news presented as new news, as in this case, presenting old CNN news because it fits your marketing profile, pro-Trump).

September 7th, 2016:
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/06/_poli...-vs-clinton-presidential-polls-election-2016/

If you want accurate data, you can see the latest (daily) survey of polls here, where it shows that Trump is winning according to select polls, but Clinton is winning in more polls overall, especially when it's a 2 person race.
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/president/

AS with most recent elections, this election will come down to Independents, and how many of those in each battleground state might vote to swing the state in either direction. But like I posted above, statistically, Trump has an extremely low chance of winning enough electoral votes in November, and that's all that matters (not the national polling).

My theory is that while Trump seems to have a slight majority of Independents (because that includes Libertarians), he has practically no Democrats, and while he has practically all Republicans..the GOP has splintered into factions over the last few elections, which we are now seeing in all the "Never Trump", Ryan, and other in-fighting.

8. pgsmith

pgsmith Valued dismemberer

I agree completely. This is something that I've noticed with a great many of Trump's most adamant supporters. In fact, this is pretty much how Trump has run his entire campaign. He has only the most tenuous of connections with reality.

9. The Iron Fist

The only chance Trump may have is to actually win the next debates ( as in scientific polls show him winning outside the standard error). That's the only thing that should equate to an increase in electoral college votes.

It's clear a lot of people want him to win, he is the "populist" choice after all, according to some, but voters wanting and candidates performing are two different things.

My take on the actual debate...I tried to be fair, I did.

Trump's disadvantage in the debates is he's a novice. He's the boss, there's no debating him, and he debates like it, but that will turn people off, and turning people off is his greatest weakness. Can you folks imagine what the polls might look like today if even half of what Trump's said in the last 12 months was taken off the record? He'd probably have sewn up 70% of the electorate by now. He's ruined his carefree billionaire image with a lot of rough, unpolished rhetoric.

Clinton is a master to Trump's apprentice at the game of statesmanship (stateswomanship?). So she's toying with him and basically trying to let him open his mouth and set himself back. That's exactly what he did at the debate, bark like a dog, not a President, at little miss Clinton, who came off as angelic by comparison....with an irony cherry on top in his constant misuse of the term "temperament". I kept half expecting him to say something typical like "I'm the most temperament person ever folks, believe me". We should propose a law, "Trump's Law". Whatever it is, Donald Trump is the best at it, and you should always believe him, OK? :D That's what he means by "art of the deal"

The risk there is that he does have a habit of winning people over with that hard line style, but he'd need to take these last two opportunities to speak with Clinton in the same room, to make a much better impression than yelling at her like in this last debate. People will vote for an aggressive, confident President...not a jerk. Look at all the recent GOP Presidents...Reagan, Bush, Bush Jr..they didn't debate like jerks either.

10. Giovanni

disagree. my take is that conservatives want a jerk. i've heard from conservatives i know that there is no one that is speaking for them. to those people, addressing racism and it's effects on society means that people are calling them racists. addressing poverty means that people are saying they never worked hard in their life. addressing equality for homosexuals means that people are calling them homophobic; further, they really think that because of their christianity, it's ok to be a bigot against homosexuals and they should be allowed to discriminate against homosexuals.

these are the people i know. to them trump is their hope to say all the things they wish they could say and to be their voice. and it's one of anger against other americans. these people parrot the line that president obama is the most racially divisive president in history, and they truly mean it. they have no idea what it's like to be black or hispanic--i have no idea either because i'm white, but i can read statistics. it's pretty easy to see that if one is black in this country, you have a handicap in income, criminal justice, equality, all sorts of things.

11. Giovanni

i had another of these conversations today. my mid-60's boss, white guy, grew up poor in southern indiana, worked hard, told me that obama is the worst president ever AND the most racially divisive president in history.

i didn't say anything to that. he's my boss.

12. Kwajman

Poll watch today, Trump 47 Clinton 43 Nationally.

13. The Iron Fist

Well that's the thing, it depends on the conservative you talk to. The radicals like a jerk, I think. Rush Limbaugh has always been a jerk and very 'Trumpian'. Sarah Palin is also a jerk, in my opinion, and so are a lot of online conservative blog op-ed writers and celebrities. That's the online media-driven side. Most Tea Partiers are voting for Trump, I'd wager.

Then there is the older guard that still clings to their radio shows and periodicals and hearken back to people who weren't jerks, and at least presented a more polished style, like Reagan or Bush Sr. These are the frustrated conservatives who hate the fact that the first group has hijacked the whole party. Their representatives were the ones being shouted down at the primaries, and pushing back on endorsement, but they are clearly a minority now in the political sense, otherwise they might actually have had a chance to pick a different candidate.

Trump is the candidate because the first group won the GOP culture war (largely online, too). If Trump wins the electoral map, it'll suggest America has become a land of jerks. Which, I have to admit, is probably close to being true.

14. The Iron Fist

15. Giovanni

but sadly, they're all gladly lining up behind trump. because they think trump is the vehicle to get their priorities accomplished--which frankly, is more inequality.

evangelicals are lining up behind thrice-married adulterer trump. what is wrong with those people?

we can also thank johnson for yet another gaffe. hopefully the last vestiges of the youth that were going to vote libertarian just vote for hillary.

16. Kwajman

Well, if that's the most they can find against him vs hillary's defending bill against what, two dozen sexual assault victims alone that would make him the more attractive candidate.

Tonights ABC poll, Trump 53% to hillary's 47% nationally.

17. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

Link please. The closest thing I can find on ABC's website shows their prediction of electoral college results, currently at 273 for Clinton and 197 for Trump, which I imagine would be almost impossible with national polling figures as high as 53% for Trump.

Source: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Election

18. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

All of the polls taken since the debate have Clinton ahead nationally. That includes the right leaning Rasmussen poll. I think kwaj is just making this stuff up at this point

19. pgsmith

pgsmith Valued dismemberer

I believe he's just following up on his earlier admission. :)

There is one poll that I could find that listed Trump as being ahead. The LA Times Tracker poll. However, that's the only one I could find. It also is the only one that does things differently than all the other polls. :)

20. Kwajman

Tonights evening news was the source. CNN also reports this morning 43% Trump, 41% Clinton. Rasmussen has Trump ahead 44-39 as of 3 minutes ago...

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.