kyokushin karate

Discussion in 'Karate' started by Rhea, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Rhea

Rhea Laser tag = NOT MA... Supporter

cn anoyone tell me more about the style, belts, kata, syllabus, etc please? i am thinking about trying a class to see if it will go well with jujitsu. I had a taster with shihan mac robertson, and would like to know more

2. warakawa

warakawa New Member

3. kyokutsuki

kyokutsuki Valued Member

I do kyokushin and i absolutly love it ! I was eager to do some Martial Arts so i went to Shotokan, TKD and then finally kyokushin and out of all three kyokushin was the best !

4. Don'tkillbill

Don'tkillbill New Member

Love it

This is a great style of karate. All styles have strengths but for me it was the perfect match. Lots of contact in sparring, bruises and great fun. Don't get me wrong we don't have head hunters in the dojo but if your sparring and you leave your legs open, well stairs will suck for a day or two :)

Each teacher has their own style so I can't speak about your Shihan but I suspect you'll find that as you progress the sparring gets more challenging.

Try a few classes or watch a few classes and find out for your self.

5. daisukey

daisukey New Member

6. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

7. daisukey

daisukey New Member

mm i dont post on youtube, but some people who like my highlight videos they put on youtube or elsewhere.

Thanks for your comments.

Here is a new HL of the KO artist, Ryu Narushima.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0pMyMnXDkQ&search=narushima"]YouTube[/ame]

8. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

Interesting video. Most of the kyokushin highlights you see on the internet show fighters who try for the high-risk, high-payoff knockdown techniques like jumping rouundhouse kicks etc

Mr Narushima seems to use body shots very effectively - a lot of his knockdowns seemed to be solid punches to the body, winding his opponent.

9. KaratekaAndy

KaratekaAndy Male (95% of the time)

About kyokushin

^^ Should tell you most of the things you need to know

10. daisukey

daisukey New Member

I still miss Andy Hug... in the 90's the way he fought inspired me a lot.

11. Rhea

thought this was dead!
    thanks for the new info guys, i'm going to take a look at thetford kyokushin, or maybe bury where shihan mac teaches, soon. Don't know when yet, but soon.

12. koto_ryu

koto_ryu Common sense is uncommon

13. daisukey

daisukey New Member

thank you for the link, koto_ryu. It looks very useful.

14. Kenpo_Dave

Kenpo_Dave Valued Member

Hey everyone. If anyone is interested, on the downloads section of www.kyokushinbudokai.org theres a 129 page book (.pdf format) on Kyokushin Budokai :).

OSU,

Dave.

15. Rhea

thanks again, am having a look at those last two links right now.
    Still haven't got around to trying a class yet, will do as soon as i can.