Trump by name......

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Dead_pool, Dec 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

Ironically the supreme court already ruled that the first amendment means that news reports don't have to be true, which is how Trump got to be president.

2. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

The first time I saw that on FB I assumed it was being unfair and the empty shots were taken as people were leaving since it looked pretty bust during the inauguration. But the if you're the tv crew for the inauguration you wouldn't show it being empty on live tv either so maybe its true maybe its not.

3. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

4. Dead_pool

5. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

His commitment to the FADA casts doubt on that sentiment. Already procedures have started in Texas to challenge gay marriage.

6. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

The 2009 picture was taken at 11:29 AM, the 2017 picture at 11:04 AM.

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/1/20/14332462/photos-crowd-trump-inauguration-vs-obama

7. SCA

SCA Former Instructor

8. Dead_pool

9. Tom bayley

Tom bayley Valued Member

It is a news story and a very important one at that. trump has begun his presidency by with an attack on the integrity of journalism. his website (now the whitehouse website) is a key part in his strategy for controlling political discourse within the US.

narrowing the scope of the whitehouse website, removing things that he wishes to down play is a deliberate and overt political act.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
  10. Tom bayley

Tom bayley Valued Member

on a more cheerfull note

what is the difference between a lentil and a chickpee?

Trump would not pay 1000 dollars to have a lentil on his face! (allegedly).

11. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

The next four years is going to be filled with Donald Trump making wild claims against his haters followed by 'experts' on social media posting all sorts of conspiracy theories.

Think I'm just going to deactivate my Facebook account until 2021.

12. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

Nothing was removed. I don't understand why people are struggling with this. It is an entirely new website, the old website still exists in its entirety. Trump almost certainly never saw it before it was launched. Some lackey probably just copied and pasted a load of stuff from his campaign website and boom. New website.

You're helping to create a massive cloud of faux-controversy which is going to shroud the real stuff. This is how he got elected. Every time he did something bad, he did 10 trivial things that the media focused on instead. Then he got to point at the media for reporting nonsense.

13. pgsmith

pgsmith Valued dismemberer

This needed to be repeated in my opinion. Society today has become so set on instant reactions and instant gratification, that few people bother to verify the validity of the whatever the meme of the moment happens to be.

Folks need to get a grip! :)

14. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

i know you're saying it, but people need to hear this more and more. this is the man's strategy: obfuscation.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
  15. Dead_pool

16. Tom bayley

Tom bayley Valued Member

Again not trivial.

The Media, tv, press, internet etc. Is used to frame the political through and discussion and they by to control the political agenda. the White-house website is the official website of the us president. anything included or excluded from that website done to manipulate the political agenda. (buy the way are you suggesting when you say the old website still exists are you suggesting that there are two official whitehouse websites ?)

regarding the coverage of the inauguration.

The whitehouse press officer - the person who's job it is to communicate to the press and through the press to the people of the united sates on behalf of the president united states, stood up and told a pack of deliberate lies and obvious lies. this Should make people genuinely scared.

Because that is not the behavior of democratically elected governments, that is the behavior propogandist, Communist and totalitarian regimes.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  17. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

This is still not a story.

This is a story.

Every second someone spends talking about a non-story is a chance for a real story to slip through the cracks.

You're playing into Trump's hands by giving the non-stories equal billing, just like the media played into his hands in every news cycle for the last 18 months.

18. Giovanni

also add bringing your own cheering section to speeches, like at the cia.

i still find it hard to believe that we've let this monster and all his people into our government. but i am still optimistic that he's going to be the greatest gift ever to majority of the united states that is rational.

19. pgsmith

pgsmith Valued dismemberer

Ummmmm .... if the majority of the U.S. was rational, Trump would never have been elected. :)

20. Giovanni

except the majority didn't vote for him; he lost by 3 million votes in the popular count, making it the second time in 16 years that a conservative president was elected by losing the popular vote.

there is a very real urban versus suburban/rural divide in this country, and a very real strategy to suppress votes of urban dwellers. a couple thousand votes in the right places puts clinton in the white house.

i'm not here to litigate the electoral college.

based on what the man has done in just three days, i am optimistic that he's the greatest gift ever. a trade war is going to hurt the people that voted him into office. it's not going to hurt me, an educated white guy. taking away the affordable care act is not going to hurt me, i'm employed with health insurance--it's going to hurt his own supporters. the dirty secret is that the aca is actually very popular. many white people in rural counties have insurance, which they have not had in years.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.