Steam sales are on!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Heikki Mustola, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Warband is a flash sale for a couple quid. Its a game I've apparently played 157 hours of so far and I'd recommend it. Very unique game and there's a ton of mods including total conversions to play with. Prophesy of Pendor is an amazing mod that adds a whole bunch to the game.

If you have a decent pc (ie, better than my crappy thing) there's a Game of Thrones mod and a couple that increase the map to giant European wide ones.

2. Heikki Mustola

Heikki Mustola Valued Member

Warband is AWESOME. Cant wait for Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord. Probably the game im looking out for the most. There have been only some blog entries and some screenshots so far, not much information :( No release date either. Cant wait, dammit!

3. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

I'm doing my first load of shopping now. So far I've picked up Amnesia: A machine for pigs (75% off), Far Cry Collection (63% off), Rage (75% off), State of decay (75% off), XCOM (83% off). My wallet is gonna kill me.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr2GdRBDOmU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr2GdRBDOmU[/ame]

4. Wooden Hare

Wooden Hare Banned Banned

The Steam Sale is the time Valve reminds me I'm getting old because I've been using their game software for 16 years, and how much life I lost playing Counterstrike.

5. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

Remember guys, games that are featured on flash sales are set to the lowest price that they are going to sell for. So be sure to scroll down the main page and click on the 'vote on the next set of games' button, a game on your wishlist could be up for a massive discount.

6. Heikki Mustola

7. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

Gabe Newell ate all of my money and I ate all of my old t-shirts. Now I have no money, no food or old t-shirts.

8. Heikki Mustola

But you know what you DO have?

Games.

You have them games.

PRAISE THE GABEN

ps. Can we eat the games?

9. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

Dunno, ask Plankton.

[​IMG]

10. Rand86

Rand86 likes to butt heads

So I joined the dark side. Somebody pass the cookies?

11. Heikki Mustola

So many people have joined that the cookies ran out in the first 3 minutes.

Why do you think I am eating my toes here?

By the way, cajun works pretty good with toes, so does cayenne pepper

12. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

So far I've got The Witcher and Shadowrun Returns.

13. Alienfish360

Alienfish360 Valued Member

Not in steam sales, but I noticed that Skyrim was only £5 so I have picked that up. So far, the game is as good as I remember it when I first played through it when it first came out.

14. Heikki Mustola

In steam sales, normal version of Skyrim went to 3.75€ at one point which was pretty good. If you got it in PC, i heavily recommend using some mods. Bethesda games are good like that, but amazing with mods. They have learned the importance of mods and luckily have provided good modding kits for the community

15. Ben Gash CLF

Yeah, I installed the better looking weapons mod last week, big improvement. Also the levelled merchants gold mod is a must or it just gets annoying.

16. Alienfish360

Alienfish360 Valued Member

I played through it first time on 360. So, a list of PC mods would be very helpful :)

17. Heikki Mustola

Here is couple suggestions from me...

Deadly Dragons
    2K Textures
    Unofficial Patch (all 3)
    Immersive Sounds (All of them)
    Immersive Armors
    Get Drunk
    Beards
    Oblivion Gates
    Skyrim Flora Overhaul
    WATER - Water And Terrain Enhancement Redux
    Immersive Weapons
    Guard Dialogue Overhaul
    Run For Your Lives
    Enhanced Night Skyrim
    Better Vampires
    The Paarthurnax Dilemma
    Enhanced Blood Textures
    SkyUI
    Footprints
    Smithing Perks Overhaul
    Complete Crafting Overhaul
    Improved Combat Sounds
    Same Walk and Run Speeds
    Sounds of Skyrim (all of them)
    Superior Lore-Friendly Hair - HD textures
    Vinis Crime Gold - More Expensive Bounty
    UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul
    Auto Unequip Ammo
    Fast travel timescale fix
    Accingite Vos - Shields HQ Retextures
    Apocalypse - Magic of Skyrim
    Sleeping Innkeepers
    Falskaar

Some of them improve sounds, some graphics, some fix things, some add new things and quests. Some may require a good PC, so be noted.

Also, moddings requires a little bit of knowledge, beginners tend to do something wrong, but everything is easily learned.

You can download the mods (and nexus mod manager, which I highly recommend to use with mods!!) from here

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim

Also you need BOSS and this http://skse.silverlock.org/

Sound complicated? Dont worry, its real easy actually.

18. Ben Gash CLF

Sweet, I'd actually been avoiding progressing in the main quest because I was undecided as to how I wanted to play it, this will allow me to get going problem free!

19. Heikki Mustola

20. Rand86

Rand86 likes to butt heads