Fish's log...

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Fish Of Doom, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

Why do you strap for snatches?

2. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

just for those. pedro insisted. i hate strapping for full snatches

3. Fish Of Doom

politically incorrent potaro (is without pc):

1h weightlifting:
    goddamn i hate logging on the phone. cleans mostly, done with the bar a bit higher than usual, which was awkward. got 92.5. go me. then light snatch pulls.

ohp
    40 1x5
    47.5 1x4
    55 1x3
    60 1x2
    62.5 1x1
    67.5 1x1
    70 1x1
    57.5 5/5/3/6
    same deal as earlier in the week. 70: http://youtu.be/Qwsv2YjLzLk

farmer's walk:
    24kg 112m/84m
    blargh.

4. Fish Of Doom

so in a fit of curiosity i trawled through the last few pages to do some number crunching on my overhead pressing volume (not counting jerks, sots, or non-barbell pressing). from october 3 to december 5:

ohp:
    40-47.5kg (under 70% int.): 128 reps
    50kg: 31 reps
    52.5kg: 42 reps
    55kg: 36 reps
    57.5kg: 57 reps (lol)
    60kg: 100 reps (double lol)
    62kg: 9 reps
    65kg: 4 reps
    67.5kg: 5 reps
    70kg: 4 reps
    total ohp reps: 416 (288 at over 70% intensity)

btn strict press:
    40kg: 65 reps
    45kg: 4 reps
    50+kg: 5 reps
    total btn ohp reps: 74

btn push press:
    60kg: 64 reps (45 of which are from the chaos and pain contest)
    62.5kg: 12 reps
    67.5kg: 8 reps
    70kg: 3 reps
    total btnpp reps: 87

5. Fish Of Doom

in hindsight this also explains why my squat has stalled so badly :p

6. Fish Of Doom

need for spud:

1h weightlifting:
    liftan w/piotr at cf jötun. kinda weak today but nothing too bad. missed 85 on clean twice, did some front squats with 90. also, tried to squat yesterday but was horribly weak so i pretend it didn't happen.

ohp:
    40kg 1x5
    47.5 1x4
    55 1x3
    60 1x2
    65 1x1
    67.5 1x1
    70 1x1
    60 1x5
    unsuccessful attempt at strong 15 week... who cares :p (8 i think). had to do 72.5 but it got stuck halfway through. 70 was a grindy but comparatively easy compromise and the backoff was grindy and i couldn't be assed to do more sets. shall be repeated at least once later on in the week.

7. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

Strong 15 is great.

8. Fish Of Doom

that it is :D

giant potato:

1h weightlifting:
    moar vektløft at cf jötun. 70 snatch after accidentally trying to do 75 because how do math; 90 clean, couldn't rack 95 but i'm close. then stretching

9. Bobby Gee

Bobby Gee Valued Member

What are your stats at the moment fish?
    H/w/age/bf/ etc

10. Fish Of Doom

1.50/~60/24/neither know nor care/what else is included under 'etc'? :p

11. HarryF

HarryF Malued Vember

"Preference" and "availability"? ;)

12. Fish Of Doom

that'd be 'chocolate milk' and 'only 1 left in stock, get while supplies last'

13. Fish Of Doom

turbo potato:

ohp:
    40kg 1x5
    47.5kg 1x4
    55kg 1x3
    60kg 1x2
    65kg 1x1
    67.5kg 1x1
    72.5kg fail again :( (longer grind this time though)
    push press:
    72kg 1/3
    ohp:
    60kg 3x5
    way fresher than last time, still didn't get 72.5, so i push pressed it a bit from clean rack, with controlled eccentric, then sets with 60 because i still can't be assed to do longer sets at high intensity.

1h weightlifting:
    pedro's having us all reset and work on technique after the beating he gave us with the high intensity stuff, so this was literally all snatches from the hip of all shapes and sizes, with pauses everywhere, up to 50kg for me.

improv crossfit (lol):
    30 rounds:
    5 wall ball (9kg ball)
    3 handstand pushup (did mine strict)
    1 power clean (i used 60kg to avoid getting crossfit slop on later rounds)
    since my oly classmates are all crossfitters and sometimes do WODs after training with pedro, i decided to join them on this one since it had no cardio or situps. the HSPUs fried me because i refuse to kip (seriously, WHY?), but i got all 30 rounds in 37:37 (which amused me), about 4 minutes after one of the guys and 6 after the other one. lungs held up, which was cool.

14. matveimediaarts

matveimediaarts Underappreciated genius

1.50 metres tall? Wow, you're a lot shorter than I imagined... :Alien::hat:

15. Fish Of Doom

lethargotater:

1h weightlifting:
    another light-ish session, lots of paused lifts, and it somehow sapped all my willpower, so oncei was done i pretty much did nothing but stretch for an hour :p

16. Fish Of Doom

baggy potato:

ohp:
    40kg 1x5
    47.5kg 1x5
    55kg 1x5
    60kg 1x5
    62.5kg 1x2
    65kg 1x2
    67.5kg 1x1
    60kg 4x2
    50kg 1x8
    some sets off power cleans, some off full cleans. since i wasn't able to get 72.5 for storng-15 week 8 (probably programmed a bit too high in my rush to get 80 by new year, because new year hell yeah!), i'm gonna use that general range of numbers and just try to get some stupid volume going on with relatively high frequency (also a must since pedro's put me on a more technical thingy for oly lifting so i'm not doing stupid heavy overheads all week). failed 70, probably due to the extra reps on the prior weights, and gonna try to keep it at 5 up to 60 and aim for doubles up to 67 and see if i can get some repping out going on with 70 for a week or two.

back squat:
    60kg 1x5
    80kg 4/8/12
    same, my squat's been stalled for ages because i am a very neglectful quad-parent and someone's gonna take my thighs away if i don't do something about it. thinking about trying to squat as close to daily as possible, keeping it light-ish (~60-70%) but high reps on the days pedro has me do the lighter stuff (such as today), and heavier top sets and backoffs of fewer reps (but still high volume) on the days we go heavy. leaving for norway to visit my parents ca. jan 7, so i'll probably switch it up a bit then as i'll be doing my own training most likely.

~20min bagwork:
    bit of bagwork before leaving, but had to cut it short as the BJJ class was starting. there's a whole bunch of nifty new bags, including a long one which i think is kinda light because it makes the most delightful booming sounds when i kick it :p

17. Fish Of Doom

blargh tater:

ohp:
    40kg 1x5
    47.5kg 1x5
    55kg 1x5
    60kg 1x5
    62.5g 1x2
    65kg 1x2
    67.5kg 1x1
    60kg 1x5
    62.5g 1x1
    65kg 1x1
    60kg 2x3
    50kg 1x10
    this went well, all in all. didn't bother trying 70 and outright failed my second rep attempt when i did 67.5, but the prior weights already felt easier and the succeeding wave and backoff netted quite a bit more work than last time, so i'll take it.

3-pause snatch deadlift:
    60kg 1x4
    65kg 3x4
    snatch dl paused before starting, above the kneecap, and at the crease of the hip. no lockout. felt heavy as crap.

back squat:
    40kg 1x5
    50kg 1x1
    55kg 1x1
    60kg 1x1
    65kg 1x1
    70kg 1x1
    75kg 1x1
    80kg 1x1
    85kg 1x1
    90kg 1x1
    95kg 1x1
    100kg 1x1
    60kg 1x4
    70kg 1x4
    80kg 2x4
    lower back and left shoulder felt like crap, so i did singles with no hands for the MAP challenge thing (will post vid later), and then just did some half-hearted normal reps for volume.

18. Fish Of Doom

martial tater:

~15mins bagwork:
    bit of sporadic bagwork while waiting for pedro to arrive.

1h weightlifting:
    lifting with pedro. power snatched 65, lost 70 a few times, went up to 80 in CnJ then did squats up to 90kg 2x3.

1.5h kickboxing:
    >tries out the kickboxing class offered where i lift (pretty damn fun). >when asked, comments about 13 years and counting of martial arts training. >classmates, before doing padwork: "so, like, you remember how to kick and punch and all that?" >mfw: http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/facebook/000/009/740/do-you-even-lift.jpg

19. matveimediaarts

matveimediaarts Underappreciated genius

LOL, such a facepalm moment...martial arts students can be mighty condescending to new students at their club. :p It's moreso in "traditional" MA like karate and kung fu in my experience.

20. Fish Of Doom

1h weightlifting:
    weightlifting. weak as crap. also, sleep patterns have inverted completely. been a while since that happened.