Krab Guard

Discussion in 'Brazilian Jiu Jitsu' started by Korpy, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulK5FbL7IPU&t=350s

So for the last week, I've been playing this style of half guard. It's from the Atos black belt and BJJ mastermind, Keenan Cornelius. I first started looking at this video, because I like to play a lot of z guard/knee shield style of half. This is like reverse z guard, but with a lock down like feel on the leg. Like I said, I've only played this for a week, but I am having great success with it. When I go to it, I'm getting sweeps or back takes every single time. It is truly awesome.

Anyone else play with the krab guard yet?

2. SWC Sifu Ben

SWC Sifu Ben I am the law

Looks like it might be handy to have options from. If someone is creating backward pressure out of lockdown and you could probably just let them slip backward into it.

3. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

When they they try standing out of my krab guard, I just go reverse de la riva and hit the kiss of the dragon sweep.

4. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

i haven't, but thanks for sharing the video. looks really intersting. i find myself in the start of this quite often. look like just a turn of the hips gets you mostly there.

doesn't look very self-defensy, but for sport guard, looking forward to trying it.

5. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

6. adam-s-bjj

adam-s-bjj New Member

This is interesting stuff, really like the back take from it, I will have a play around with that.