flamings tone up

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by flaming, Oct 16, 2013.

1. flaming

flaming Valued Member

A log to motivate myself.

Today
    I found a copy of from russia with tough FRWTL love by pavel in a charity shop and it looks quite easy. It should give me time to add some other things I feel like doing: glute bridges, pullups, pushups and wall handstands.The wall hanstands and pushups are so I can go to capoiera classes again.

Ive been taking it very light on the arm exercises because of the burning palm problem, but it seems fine today.

FRWTL
    2 sets of 10 box squats with 10kg
    2 sets 5 goomdmorning stretches

30 sec wall handstand
    5 sets 2 false grip pullups
    2 sets 10 glute bridges
    2 sets 10 elevated pushups

I think I have a sinus infection hopefully it will go away.

2. Princess Haru

Princess Haru Valued Member

Are you doing this at home? What equipment do you have access to?

3. flaming

flaming Valued Member

At home. I have weights and a pull up bar.

4. flaming

flaming Valued Member

I think I should learn to deadlift before squating so I did some romanian deadlifts. I find it difficult to contract my abdominals and glutes at the bottom of romanian deadlifts. My ankle mobility on my right foot is bad so I held on to a radiator at the bottom of the squat and tried mobilizing it like that.

Glute bridges
    Romanian deadlifts
    (2 sets of 10)

pushups 2 sets of 10
    false grip pullups 2,2,2,2,3

turkish getup situps slipper on the fist
    2 sets of 10 each side

5. flaming

flaming Valued Member

I've left the from russia with tough love :rolleyes:

Today
    radiator squat ankle mobilizations 10,10
    wall handstand went as close to wall as I could. Belly facing wall.
    glute bridges didn't count
    single leg romanian deadlifts 5,5
    over head dumbell shrugs 10,10,10 16kg
    false grip pullups 2,2,2,2

6. flaming

flaming Valued Member

1 and a half hours capoiera class.

7. matveimediaarts

matveimediaarts Underappreciated genius

Is your class taught as dance or martial art? I've heard of places that teach it as a cardio routine as well. /curious

8. flaming

flaming Valued Member

It's non contact so I guess you could call it dance. Though I did hit a girl in the head with compasso :eek: due to myself being clumsy
    [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEiaP_tJZKM"]Capoeira, nocautes com meia lua de compasso MMA - YouTube[/ame]
    Luckily for her it was on the part that you would head butt with and my technique and speed are not very good with the move.

It wears me out more than other martial arts classes I have tried: kung fu, kick boxing or judo. The way the moves link together would make it work well for cardio. I would recommend anyone interested to give a class a try.

9. flaming

flaming Valued Member

1hr Capoeira. Train was half an hour late. The instructor focused on Armada followed by Au to avoid the other persons counter of Meia Lua de Compasso. The class is usually half an hour warmup, half an hour of a sequence and half an hour roda.

My au to the right feels very bad, the left feels good. I think I'll record myself.

10. flaming

flaming Valued Member

Just been doing the Capoeira I find it easier to get motivated for that twice a week.

With some pullups, single leg deadlifts and turkish get ups two other days. I recorded myself doing Capoeira and my spine goes far from neutral so I thought I would practice myself trying to limit that. I get a groin pain on and off and it seems to be from trying to do loaded squats lower than just breaking paralel.

My diets gone to crap. Toblerone and chocolate buttons.

11. flaming

flaming Valued Member

6 sets of 3 pullups
    2 sets 10 single leg deadlifts with a mop stick handle
    20 turkish get ups with 16kg
    2 30 second wall handstands

30 minutes Capoeira practice
    I tried au (cartwheel) and on one side it felt awkward and I think its because my foot was pointing in the wrong direction also the supporting arm and opposing glute is weaker.

did jinga to compass un, dos, tres - compass as quick as I could. I was impressed by how fast the instructor could do it in class. so i thought i'd practice that.

12. dormindo

dormindo Active Member Supporter

Ginga. Could you post a video of yourself doing au to the awkward side?

13. flaming

flaming Valued Member

Capoeira class
    Felt tired before and sometimes I get energy once i'm there but not today. And my thumb muscle feels sprained.
    I think I'd like if they did a bit of practice with offensive and one defnesive player. I have found that usefull with table tennis.

14. flaming

flaming Valued Member

Mainly been doing an essay on motivation within sport this last week. Ironically it sapped my motivation to exercise.

Did a few short walks throughtout the week, went to capoeira yesterday and felt better than usual.

I have been trying to apply some of the things in this article on snapping hips.
    http://anthonymychal.com/2011/11/how-to-cure-snapping-hip-syndrome-2/

My right hip used make a noise but it doesn't anymore, since I have been hip sucking. I used do the opposite.

15. flaming

flaming Valued Member

I haven't been practicing au just done it in class. Which has finished for christmas. I've been sporadically doing 2 sets of 30 second wall handstands to build up the strength in my hands.

I've changed my exercises goblet box squats, deadlifts, pull ups and push ups.

30 minutes capoeira
    armada, le frente, mei lua and quishada sp?

16. dormindo

Armada de Frente, Meia Lua, Queixada.

17. flaming

flaming Valued Member

I thought it was finished for the year after the christmas party but it wasn't, so I went yesterday.

There were several people that seem very advanced that I have seen there before. It's better playing people of a higher level. But sometimes they stay in a handstand and I don't really know how to respond to that. I think charge headbutting the belly would be correct? I think i've seen others do that.

A strange thing I've seen them do is walk back and fourth with interlocked arms then one points to the ground.:confused:

18. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

what type of capoeira are you doing?

I'm at a CDO school, but haven't been for a while. hopefully going back in the new year. I miss meia lua de compasso and doing aus. :(

19. dormindo

Going in for the headbutt/cabecada is one way to respond, but be careful: advanced players are usually good at stopping such charges via kicks from the inverted position.

That would be a chamada: usually done in angola, but many contemporanea schools practice them, too.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
  20. dormindo

If I remember correctly, Flaming is at a CDO academy as well.