Gymnastic Rings

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by AndrewTheAndroid, Jun 10, 2016.

1. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

Was wondering if anyone else has put them into their workout routine. I am pretty overweight so I am mostly just trying to hold myself up for a little more at a time. I am also using it to rehab my shoulder and I have to say it is feeling a lot better lately.

How have you found using them?

2. flaming

flaming Valued Member

I had my dad make some for me. After years of trying to do muscle ups I got my first muscle up after 2-3 months of using them. So personally I would recommend them.

At first try doing rows or pushups with them.

3. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

I use mine for static holds, inverted rowing and, when working on them, pullups. I find that for shoulder health they are much better than the fixed bars as they move in a more natural range.

4. LandonS

LandonS Member

Theyre great, take up little space and are versatile. You can do so many bodyweight exercises on them and it makes them harder, you can use them to assist exercises you cant do as well (one legged squats perhaps) or develop new skills (planche, front lever, back lever). Youll never outgrow them if you keep reducing your leverages with different exercises or add some weight.

5. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

How does everyone here anchor their rings?

My old place had an RSJ through the lounge so I used mine over that, but my new place doesn't.

I've got exposed wooden beams in the garage, but I'm not sure how secure they'd be?

6. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

I hang mine from the chin up bar on my power cage.

7. LandonS

LandonS Member

Deadpool, get a pair of solid i hooks with a ring from any ol hardware store. They have a bottom like a screw and you can just twist them into your exposed beams. Theyll be very secure going into a beam.