MMA Check In

Discussion in 'MMA' started by tetsu ryu, Jun 14, 2006.

1. tetsu ryu

tetsu ryu Death is always a option!

For the MMA check in just tell us your name country and dojo. Also tell us a little about yourself and tell us the various styles your learning in your mix.I figured since so many other forums have a check in.. Why not mma?

My name is stephen and Ive been taking mma in mississippi for only one day but Im quite enthusiastic about it and of the 2 hours i was there I loved every second.

Mods edit as necessary. :)

Last edited: Jun 14, 2006
  2. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

we can keep this thread going, no problem, i can even make a sticky, so people will see it right away, but to avoid writing and reading essays, maybe we could keep it simple, like:

country/city:
    club/instructor:
    style(s):

and if we want this to be a check in thread, then there shouldn't be discussions here. for that purpose you have threads, private messages and the chat room.

3. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

country/city: USA, Huntsville, Alabama
    club/instructor: Straightblast Gym of Alabama, Harry Powell
    style(s): JKD, Judo, BJJ, Boxing, Thai Boxing, little Kali

Right now I'm focusing on Judo and BJJ

4. Andrew Green

Andrew Green Member

I float in from time to time

country/city: Winnipeg, Canada
    club/instructor: Innovative Martial Arts
    style(s): MMA (duh ;) )

5. TheMightyMcClaw

TheMightyMcClaw Dashing Space Pirate

Currently Kalamazoo MI, training in Judo/MMA at Southside Dojo, Karate under Al Doorlag.
    During the school year: Ann Arbor MI, at the U of M BJJ club, Chinese boxing under Michael Gallespi, maybe some other stuff.

6. kgrad5

kgrad5 Valued Member

country/city: Canada / Kingston, Ontario
    club/instructor: Straightblast Gym: Martial Arts Planet / Mike (and Rebecca) sweeney
    style(s): BJJ and an MMA class (although mostly focus on BJJ/submission wrestling)

(i also took shorinji Kan Jiu Jitsu through jitsu canada at queens during the school year)

7. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Thanks for sticking it, Neryo. I was supposed to do it last night but was way too busy :)

I'm currently training at a bunch of different places around Essex, taking low-kick rules kickboxing and Japanese ju jitsu. My JJJ class has a grappling class when we can rent the hall (which isn't that often right now) and I'm going to be starting sambo soon

8. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

:D :)

9. Wilson

Wilson Valued Member

country/city: U.S.A / New Jersey, Brick Town
    club/instructor: Rhino Kickboxing and MMA
    style(s): Bjj, MMA, Kickboxing ( mostly geared towards Muay Thai).

10. callsignfuzzy

callsignfuzzy Is not a number!

Located in Kennesaw, GA, USA

Currently train with Mark Hatmaker (Extreme Self Protection, I suppose), just started training at Atlanta Martial Arts Center under Sifu Alan Baker. Also have an informal workout group on the Kennesaw State U. campus.

Systems: Primarily the ESP curriculum, consisting of boxing (including illegal shots), old-school wrestling (subs included), and modern MMA (including Muay Thai and BJJ influences). Also blend a little judo, karate, TKD, FMA and the like into the mix where appropriate.

11. M Lambert

M Lambert Fitness Consultant

Im in Suffolk - UK.

Training with Master Mark Trent, who has only recently expanded the kickboxing class to include grappling and submission techniques, we're got Kickboxing, elements of Karate and various takedowns and locks from various styles. Im uber-new to MMA though so dont know too much.

12. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

I guess, since this is the MMA checkin I should also mention that I take Jook Lum Southern Praying Mantis Kung Fu from John Brown.

13. Kenpo_Dave

Kenpo_Dave Valued Member

country/city: Ireland / Dublin

club/instructor: Kokoro Mixed Martial Arts / Shane Thomas

style(s): Kyokushin, Judo. With Muay Thai, BJJ and Boxing to smooth over the rough edges.

I also do American Kenpo but in a different School.

14. auwrestler197

auwrestler197 New Member

USA, Dothan, AL
    Premier Martial Arts, Steven Baxley
    MMA (you know the list), Shotokan Karate, Judo.

15. Mei Hua

Mei Hua Banned Banned

country/city:Minneapolis

club/instructor: Warrior's Cove/David Arnebeck+others, couple other places/people

style(s):MMA=BJJ, Judo, Kali, MT, Wrestling, Sambo, Grappling/Submissions, TMA.

16. djvash

djvash New Member

country/city: Clawson, MI... USA
    club/instructor: Martial Arts Unlimited under Chris Malgeri
    style(s): BJJ, CSW, Muay Thai, Boxing

I train mostly Combat Submission Wrestling and Muay Thai, but would like to train more BJJ and Boxing. I have alot more time lately so hopefully I can be more disciplined to train, and I'm loving every minute of it.

17. DeepFreeze

DeepFreeze Lurker

Meh, lone defender of the Nordic :D

country/city: Finland, Helsinki
    style(s): Judo, MMA, Kickboxing, boxing.

18. Trent Tiemeyer

Trent Tiemeyer Valued Member

Trent Tiemeyer

USA

Integrated Martial Science- Coach Me, MMA:) Coach Paul Sooksengdao, Muay Thai and Coach Robert Riley, BJJ

Lawrence, KS.

19. Kew-Do

Kew-Do Valued Member

Hi folks, it's nice to see there are other people out there with similar interest.

My Bio...

*70's*Western Boxing/ Kick Boxing
    *75-81 Tae-Kwon-Do/ Shoto-Kan
    *78 to 84*Chin-Na, Judo, Greco-Roman,Gound Combative, many instructors.
    *79 to 87 Wing Chun Instructor Master David Grago
    *92 to 97 Earned Sifu level under Master Eddie Chong in Yip Man Wing Chun, Pan Nam Yong Chun (Wing Chun)Bak-Mei.
    *93 to present Extensive training in Shoot Wrestling and BJJ flavor techniques. Many instructors and seminars
    *97 to present Stick /Knife Concepts, many instructors
    *94 to present Formulated the "Kew-Do" system taught to Law Enforcement and Corrections Personnel.

Sifu, Kyle Weygandt
    "East Wind Shaolin Boxing Academy"

20. GIJoe6186

GIJoe6186 Valued Member

USA Long Island, NY
    Brazillian JiuJitsu - 1 year
    Wrestling - 4 years
    Kempo - 4 years (done witht hat after I started BJJ)

Vamos Brazillian JiuJitsu