Manchester concert bombing

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by aikiMac, May 23, 2017.

1. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

The only thing on the news radio as I drove home today was the bombing in Manchester at the end of Ariana Grande's concert. At least 20 dead with dozens injured, last I heard, but that was only a couple hours after the event, so things were still happening.

Wow. :cry: Prayers for England, man.

2. kandi

kandi Valued Member

Absolutely awful:(. Is it confirmed terrorism yet?

3. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Confirmed suicide bomber.

I can't imagine how the City of Manchester is feeling today. A friend of mine visited the place yesterday after the Manchester BJJ open :(

4. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Very quiet but defiant feeling in Manchester today. You can see it on people's faces. This is my home city, and the bastards are fools if they think this will beat us. BBC News is reporting an eight year old girl is among the dead... eight, man. The perpetrators are plain cowards. And all those people on Facebook spewing conspiracy theories already are bloody idiots.

5. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

Takes a big man to walk into a crowd of teenage girls and blow yourself up.

Attacks like this are a reminder that our enemies are the most shameful of cowards. They are not worth our fear.

6. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

7. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Amen.

8. Dead_pool

9. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Went to the vigil today. Never seen the city centre so quiet. The unity on display is why I love this city.

10. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

fake news in america is already blaming the victims.

11. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Sure, a concealed carry permit & weapon would have stopped the attacks.

:bang:

12. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Bizarrely seeing, ostensibly "normal", people joking about this and sharing gifs and memes saddens me almost as much as the act itself.
    I mean I know there are horrendous people in the world but that sort of low level idiocy seems more insidious. Empathy and compassion are in short supply it seems.

13. Giovanni

goes even farther than that. basically, blaming "liberals" and "globalists" for their own murders. it's so beyond shred of human decency, i'm not even going to post it. but this "organization" was recently given white house press credentials. if that tells you anything about how messed up the executive is in this country.

14. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Dude, you opened by saying it's "fake news." Fake news isn't worth repeating, to make a political point. :mad:

15. Dead_pool

Infowars has press credentials now? How on earth has a conspiracy website been given white house access?

16. Dead_pool

How the manchester people have coped with this, with help and love not hate and division, has really reaffirmed my faith in human decency and England in general.

17. Giovanni

indeed.

18. Dead_pool

The daily mail is also running a similar "opinion piece".

19. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

I think that's a bit of a yes and no from me.

Obviously it's horrible what has happened, nobody will deny that.
    Well, nobody with his senses anyway.
    And I certainly feel bad for the people.

I sort of can understand why some(!) people would make jokes - as a coping mechanism.
    Personally, for example, I made a lot of jokes when my Granny died, because that's the way I work out things out for me.

Problem is, that's not the way for everybody and some of the people are just being idiots.

20. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

My daughter nearly went to the Manchester concert. She ended up going to the Birmingham concert instead because they had sold out of tickets at Manchester.

I wasnt aware of the change of venue from the last time I had spoken to my daughter. When I heard the news I had to go through that horrible feeling of checking to make sure she was alright. I was very upset. I was shaking. It affected me for the rest of the day. I couldn't even stay in the room when people talked about it at work he had gotten to me that much.

Now imagine how the parent of a victim must feel.

There is absolutely nothing funny about that.