Traditional Shaolin Forms

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by JTG, May 8, 2017.

1. JTG

JTG New Member

Hello...I currently am trying to learn some traditional Shaolin forms and, unfortunately and currently, do not have a Shaolin studio nearby. However, I do have quite a bit of Kung Fu experience and I believe I could probably learn them myself (just for fun and experience).

I have had trouble finding true "traditional" Shaolin forms and when I do, finding videos/guides/books on them is very difficult.

Does anybody have names of forms and perhaps links to (instructional) videos or guides on the forms?

If you don't know of any guides please feel free to post names and maybe I or somebody else would have a guide on it that they know of.

Thank you very much! :)

2. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

3. Tom bayley

Tom bayley Valued Member

look for hung gar, clf, white crane or flower boxing near by, and do that. All are related to shoalin in some way. Allways best to learn from a class.

4. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

First you must define traditional Shaolin.

5. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

As Ben asked for,how do you define "traditional".

Is your experience in northern long fist systems?( That's pretty much what was practiced @ Shaolin.Not southern type methods such as Pak Mei, Fu Hok Hung, Mok Gar,etc.Despite the sword novels and legends).

If not,when learning from a book/film you may well execute such forms w/an incorrect "flavor"-and understanding.