Hey there Martial Arts Planet! It's been awhile...

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by PSYCHOLinguist, May 5, 2017.

1. PSYCHOLinguist

PSYCHOLinguist New Member

Hey guys,

As this thread's title would imply, I was on this board about a decade ago (I was in high school and studying JJJ at the time, no idea what my username was back then). Following high school I got distracted with a girlfriend and the start of college, so I dropped out of the martial arts for a few years. Decided to get back into it when I decided to enlist in my mid-twenties, and I've been training ever since. Since my return, I've been bouncing around various duty stations. As such, I've had some degree of training in the following:

Aikido (roughly 5 years on and off)
    Krav Maga (3 months consistent)
    Tang Soo Do (3 months consistent)
    Shorin-Ryu Karate (1.5 years consistent)
    Brazilian JJ (2.5 years, gap between year 1 and the following 1.5 years)

Also, since the sticky recommended discussing my hobbies, I thoroughly enjoy shooting. I placed 5th out of 100 in an Excellence-In-Competition with the M9 at my base last year, and recently got the practical shooting bug after getting my butt kicked at my first USPSA match. Additionally, I'm a huge nerd... I've been playing M:tG since my early teens and recently joined my first D&D campaign.

Last edited: May 5, 2017
  2. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

Welcome back!

3. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Good to have you back :)

4. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Welcome !!

5. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Welcome back.

6. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Sweet, another aikido person! :D

7. PSYCHOLinguist

PSYCHOLinguist New Member

Love Aikido! Always make sure to visit my old dojo when I'm home on leave, take an ukemi or two.