Went to an Interclub

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Pretty In Pink, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

2. Pretty In Pink

So some quick points:

I thought if I tapped him it would be over, found out if he taps we just keep going. Hence why I let that guillotine go in the first video, even though it was pretty tight.

He outweighed me by 10-15kg at least. I fight at 66-70kg, he fights at 77kg and tbh it looks like he cuts quite a bit to make it. At the time I thought he was hitting me harder to be nasty but on reflection it was just well timed techniques with more weight behind it.

Poor lad has asthma so that's why we didn't get a third round :(

3. EdiSco

EdiSco Likes his anonymity

What's an Interclub?

4. Pretty In Pink

It's when you go to a different club to spar, but normally a bit harder. Really common in MMA, Muay Thai, and BJJ.

5. EdiSco

Sounds like fun!

6. Pretty In Pink

Yeah man it was not bad anyway. The guy gave me a t shirt for free! After my build a bear one tore :(

7. EdiSco

Do you actually work at a Build a Bear branch? The irony!! :cry: builds cuddly teddy bears aimed at kids during the day, beats the crap out of people in competition fights at night :D

8. Pretty In Pink

I used to. Loved it but I couldn't sustain it. Might go back to it when I go back to college :)

Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
  9. kandi

kandi Valued Member

That's awesome Chadderz. Looks like you had a fun training session. Will you keep fighting at 67-70? I am sub 60 and I think more weight might help.

10. Pretty In Pink

Cheers! If like to put on 7-9kg of solid muscle and fight at 70kg instead. Might do that in the next few years.I wouldn't say it helps with fighting because when I'm competing I'm fighting someone the same wright. When I'm training in the gym I'm against guys north of 90kg often, so it would maybe be nicer there to have more weight.

11. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

Looks like a good event. Always like a bit of interclub action, get to mix with different gyms without the pressure of a proper competition.

Putting on that much muscle is achievable, it is probably good to practise with people closer to your weight.

12. Pretty In Pink

It was good! Next time will be a cage.

Yeah I'd like to. I want to fight is shorter than me but some are small to a fault. To the point I'm throwing punches straight down and getting over handed. I'd prefer someone 5ft 8" or taller.

Also, I might just hold off on the muscle until I'm pro :)

13. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

O-M-G. That is so awesome I can't even express it! :banana: Being a father of daughters, my esteem for you just doubled in an instant!
    Beats the crap out of grown men, and builds teddy bears! :heart:

14. Pretty In Pink

Haha, cheers man! It really was a great job. I once done a shift with a concussion. That was weird. (My first ever concussion).