Rattan in Manila, Please Help!

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by BahadZubu, Nov 24, 2016.

1. BahadZubu

BahadZubu Valued Member

Hello all!

Finishing up my trip in Manila and wanted to pick up some nice rattan. Ideally thin flexible rattan. I have heard Quiapo my have some but that also there was a fire there many months ago and now it is very hard to get rattan there. Does anyone know a reliable source for rattan,bahi, or kamigong sticks in Manila? Thank you so much.

I am tempted to go up to Batangas to visit Rodel's shop but slightly worried about doing it alone.

Thanks.

2. kuntaoer

kuntaoer Valued Member

Have you tried to get a hold of the bahad zubu guys in Manila? Or even some of the Kali Ilustrisimo guys might know where to get some..Master Jaime Quizana lives in Manila.. If you are still there on sunday, maybe head over to Luneta park and talk to some of the instructors there..

Bill

3. BahadZubu

BahadZubu Valued Member

Thanks. Wasn't there on a Sunday. Don't think Jamie affiliates with BZ anymore.

Wanted to go to qiuapo (sp?) but it was black friday and traffic was just too insane.

4. kuntaoer

kuntaoer Valued Member

Will reach out to some of the guys I know who live in the manila area and find out where they get their rattan at

I just reached out to one of my acquaintances in Manila.. he gave me permission to post his contact information for you to contact him on the rattan request.. His name is Jerry Evangelista and his contact # is
    09757415927. He lives in Bacalaran and just let him know that Bill from guam sent you

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
  5. BahadZubu

BahadZubu Valued Member

Unfortunately I am no longer in the PI so won't be able to contact your connect. Thank you so much though! I really appreciate it.

BZ

6. Diego_Vega

Diego_Vega Frustrated pacifist

I know this is kind of late, but I live in Manila and I go to Batangas to get our sticks.