Tricking Routine

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by brucelee12345, Dec 7, 2013.

1. brucelee12345

brucelee12345 Valued Member

Hey Guys!
    I am a tricker(also a martial artist) I made a routine for tricking:
    Everyday(Sunday Off)-Taekwondo Class(Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat-1 hour class, tues, thurs-1 hr 45 min class to 2 hours)
    Everyday-Stretching-20 minutes
    Plyometrics-25-30 minutes each session, Monday, Wednesday, Saturday
    Tricking-20-45 minutes each session, Monday, Wednesday, Saturday

I had a weight routine but i want to drop if FOR NOW, and focus on bodyweight training only.(maybe once in a while i will preform a weight routine)

I was thinking,When could i preform a bodyweight routine, and how many times per week?(goal:strength, speed, power/explosiveness, vertical height increase, endurance, i already hv flexibility)
    Thanks to all who respond!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  2. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Have you discussed this with your instructor?

3. gapjumper

gapjumper Intentionally left blank

Do you feel that tricking helps your martial arts?

4. hewho

hewho Valued Member

Hey! Before I say anymore I'm a traceur and free runner more than tricked, but:
    You can do bodyweight plyo work, clap pressups, jump squats ect that'll be more useful, do them as part of your normal exercise routine, just add them in! (Also if you're in England pm me about a tricking meet or something!) Hope that helped, if I misunderstood just say

5. brucelee12345

I have, he said that it would be a good idea to do it on the same day as tricking and plyometrics, but from a seperate time( bodyweight exercises in morning and tkd, tricking, plyo in evening), but i also want to see other peoples opinion on this

6. brucelee12345

to gapjumper:
    I feel Tricking is helping my martial arts because i feel i get more strength and explosiveness in basics

7. brucelee12345

to hewho:
    Thanks, so you are saying i shuld do bodyweight exercises on same day as plyometrics, Currently, i am not in england

8. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

What's your current hip ROM?

9. hewho

hewho Valued Member

I mix it up, jump squats, jumping calf raises, clap pressups for speed and power for tricks, where slow twitch muscles are less useful, but I'll also train slow twitch for other stuff I do. Ah gutted! Do what is useful, experiment! :D

10. brucelee12345

hewho:
    I shall experiement with this one, thx

Van Zandt:
    How do u measure hip ROM?

11. gapjumper

gapjumper Intentionally left blank

With a hiprometer? :)

12. brucelee12345

haha,
    i can do a full splits, if that is wat you are asking, im searching on this right now

13. hewho

hewho Valued Member

I'll video some training I found useful and send it you

14. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Front and side?

15. brucelee12345

on the front i can do a full splits, i can almost(very closly) full side splits

16. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Do heavy squats. You'll get there quicker.

17. brucelee12345

thx for the info, but i do not have a barbell currently, would Pistol Squats work?

18. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

No. You need heavy weights.

19. brucelee12345

i have dumbeels, so what about pistols with dumbbells?(i have a 50 lb dumbbell)

20. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

No. You need to be able to to progressively increase the width and weight of your squats. Pistols don't build side split specific ROM and those dumbbells are too light.