Is this okay?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Mugen Zero, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Mugen Zero

Mugen Zero Infinite zero

10000 Punches (high or low or middle)first day(horse stance)
    10000 Blocks (high or low or middle)second day(horse stance)
    1000 Kicks (front or side or turning or back)third day(stationary)
    cross drill (combination of all of the above (can be done in any order))fourth day
    Shadow boxing (3 hours straight)fifth day
    2000Sword cutting(each side(each= Left or right or both) 1000)(front/side/diagonal)sixth day
    Rest seventh day

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2013
  2. PointyShinyBurn

PointyShinyBurn Valued Member

3. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Welcome to MAP.

As you've posted this in the health and fitness forun I would say that it's a poor routine for fitness.

10,000 punches in a horse stance can't be good for your joints.

In addition not even top level pro boxers will be shadow boxing for 3 hours.

Are you currently training in a martial arts class?

4. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

No, it's not ok. It's absurd.

5. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

Welcome

However, I don't see how can anyone actually count 10,000 let alone maintain counting for 1/10 of that

6. Guitar Nado

Guitar Nado Valued Member

Hello Mugen Zero, welcome to MAP, hope you like it here. However, based on your first post, I tend to really question your work ethic as a troll.

7. Oldi

Oldi Valued Member

Suspect, to understate the point a little, that adherence is going to be a problem.

8. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

No it isn't

Train smarter not harder

Welcome to MAP

9. robin101

robin101 Working the always shift.

Welcome to the forums

This is great if you are planning to fight air, but if you want to get good at fighting people you have to fight people, not punch/ kick the air.

If you are doing these on a heavy bag, its a little better, but still. A 10 minute sparring session will do more for your martial arts than 100 hours shadow boxing.

10. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

Standing in horse stance, throwing one punch per second for three hours, sounds like a great recipe for a repetitive strain injury.

11. matveimediaarts

matveimediaarts Underappreciated genius

I agree with the previous comments, but would like to comment on your sword routine. 1) What kind of sword? 2) Doing that many repetitions seems counter-productive. You're probably going to hurt your shoulders if you're using an iaito or any sword of significant weight. Just do some ichi no tachi exercises and some katas.

12. Wildlings

Wildlings Baguette Jouster

This is how it would be:
    Day 1: 10(?) minutes of what you said, then you stop because of cramps in the legs and strange pain in the arms.
    Day 2: 5(?) minutes, then you realize your tendons are complaining heavily. Welcome to the wonderful world of tendinitis!
    Day 3: you can't move at all without feeling pain. You drop the routine and go watching Bruce Lee movies on your pc.

The sensible alternatives:
    1)go watching the movies before getting injured
    2)find a decent martial arts instructor

13. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

There was a time before I joined MAP when I would happily do around 1,300 techniques per night each night (just upper body) with resistance/light weights (1kg)/no weights. It really doesn't do anything for you. Initially sure, you can build a lot of speed, but around the 600 mark or so your body gets tired, your mind distracted and you lose focus with your techniques. So not only do you not actually work on the speed, you don't really develop any good technique either.

Lasted less than two weeks in total because a certain someone I used to know endorsed that kind of training. I gave it a fair try out of respect to them. I still wish I hadn't.

14. Mugen Zero

Mugen Zero Infinite zero

umm what's adherence?

Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
  15. Mugen Zero

Mugen Zero Infinite zero

umm matveimediaarts can you recommend some ichi no tachi exercises and some katas? a video might help too

Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
  16. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Hi Mugen Zero, appreciate that you're new to the forums, can you not delete your posts?

Because what happens is all ^^^^^ that. Dead space.

You have all the time you need that post what you want. So think about what you need to say or ask before you do.

Thanks.

17. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Have you talked to your instructor about your routine? What does she or he recommend? What do they think of it?

18. Mugen Zero

Mugen Zero Infinite zero

no means of disrespect to any of you. Forgive me if it appeared i was trolling people. I just wanted to increase my speed. My current state:
    800 sets of punches in half an hour
    80 sets of kicks in an hour
    120 sets of blocks in 10 minutes
    60 sets of swinging my sword with one hand in 15 minutes

19. Mugen Zero

Mugen Zero Infinite zero

to aaradia I am currently masterless am now trying to develop my own techniques with whatever experience i have. and to mushroom thanks for the tip. forgive me i'm still new in this forum things

20. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Find a teacher.

Sorry if that is blunt but sword training is not something you should be doing without guidance.