John L. Malterer Video question

Discussion in 'Silat' started by SilatSeeker, Feb 15, 2005.

1. SilatSeeker

SilatSeeker Valued Member

Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if John Malterer was still offering his video's for sale? I saw his website had not been updated since '99 and the email link on it was busted.

If anyone could give me some feedback on the quality of the video's I'd appreciate it, thanks.

2. Buddy

Buddy Valued Member

Never saw them but have heard of a couple of folks who sent the money but never received the vids.

3. SilatSeeker

SilatSeeker Valued Member

Buddy, thanks for the reply. Given that the links and such were broken and the site hadn't been updated since '99 I was concerned. Aparently with good reason. Thanks.

4. ICT

ICT Shaolin Malay Silat

SilatSeeker,

I would highly recommend you NOT send your money to Malterer!

I have heard his videos are decent but for some reason he keeps the money and doesn't send you your video. I know because I tried twice about 2 years apart and both times my checks were cashed but I got no videos! After many e-mails and letters with no response I turned him in for postal fraud.

On my message board this was discussed and many others came forward with the same experience, money cashed and no videos sent!

I'ts very confusing indeed and I have had people tell me they got their videos so I guess he decides who he wants to send the videos to and who he doesn't. Which wouldn't be as bad if he just sent the money back!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sincerely,
    Teacher: Eddie Ivester

5. tellner

tellner Valued Member

So, were you able to track him down and get a prosecution?

6. ICT

ICT Shaolin Malay Silat

No, the postal service droped the ball. They sent him letters which he did not respond to and nothing was ever done!

I informed the others who got ripped off to file a camplaint as well and then the postal service might act if there were enough seperate complaints.

Sincerely,
    Teacher: Eddie Ivester

7. BobbyBoyNYC

BobbyBoyNYC New Member

John Malterer, martial arts master extraordiaire!

I met John an awfully long time ago, and he impressed me seriously. I've rained with Dr. Henry Leung, Grandmaster Alan Lee, and other experts, so I know one when we meet. Please ask him to contact me for old times sake. I took him to Chinatown to eat, and he didn't like Chinese food. He said we should have gone to Burgher Kinf or McDonald's. Oh well. He was reasonably high level, far above any other Caucasian person in psychic fighting. He could throw a "whammy" on hos opponent, a psychic attack that made the person act drunken or stoned. John's teacher went mad and his own son had to kill his father to save his family. Martial arts' psychic side is best left alone. Two of Cheng Man Ching's dsiciples who were my friends both dies of cancer, Lou Kleinsmith and his own disciple Robert, a too-serious student. Internal energy must be cultivated under the guidance of a real master.
    Personal contact information edited out
    p.s. Steve Segarra and Ron Grumberg were the two best I've met. They were both personal disciples of truly great masters. They are in the same range as John Malterer.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2016
  8. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Mod note: sorry, posting personal contact information is not allowed. Please refer to 1.4 and 1.4.1 of our Terms of service. You can find that on by clicking on the button on the top and bottom of every page. Thanks.

Also, please be more careful of what terms you choose to use in reference to anyone's race. Again, please refer to our TOS. Thanks again.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
  9. Narrue

Narrue Valued Member

10. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

No necessarily - the footage is pretty poor but it could be a ginunting or similar style blade

11. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

I must assume this was operable,as is common, only against his students-otherwise I'd ask why he didn't go into prizefighting and make a million bucks.

I have NEVER heard anyone even whisper that Lou died as a result of bad energetic practices,either from Professor or from Lou's other systems. From whence do you get this idea?

P.S.-Cheng took NO American disciples.Not Lou,Stanley,Herman,no one. They and the others were simply the senior American students.