Two Girls One Cage

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Pretty In Pink, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Video about two athletic girls who do a 60 day challenge. At the end they fight each other. I'm a little dissapointed because at the end they end up having a kickboxing bout which isn't MMA but still a good video. They showed a lot of good technique I thought, especially for two total beginners.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HTk3wW4T9Q"]Women Train Like UFC Fighters For 60 Days - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2016
  2. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

that looked fun

3. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

All these, wimp to warrior, white collar mma, 60 day challenges, etc, programmes are just a way for gyms to make money, by trading on the 'cage fighter' schtick, I'm really not a fan of that approach at all.

4. Pretty In Pink

I seen another one where a couple of Crossfitters trained bjj for like, 30 days and competed at the world's. I thought that was a bit ridiculous.

5. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Just to play Devil's Advocate here...

From a woman's point of view, it's nice to see them getting women involved in the sport and talking about some of the issues they faced - crying after the first time sparring etc.

That being said, I agree that it's a way for gyms to make money.

6. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

I think it's quite pessimistic and a bit sad really to view these types of things as a money making scheme. Sure, the gyms will make money. Why not? They shouldn't have to give their services for free. We should probably be celebrating them for getting more people fit and active, for boosting the participants' self-confidence, and for increasing exposure on our beloved combat sports. Ya bunch of bloody scrooges. :p

7. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

I'm with Van Zandt on this.

Although the thread title really threw me off due to an unfortunate event that involved a cup : /. I'm glad this wasn't anything at all similar.

8. Pretty In Pink

Haha, exactly what I was angling for :p

9. Dead_pool

Ive yet to meet anyone who has stayed training after competing In one of these events.
    I also know that miss matches are common, (ive seen an ex pro boxer vs complete newbie) as are promises that profits go to charity, but if you look at the fine print its only the initial fee that goes to charity.

If they're well run, id have no problem with it, but many many of these events are not.

10. Pretty In Pink

Well if you watched it you'd see it wasn't a white collar event. It was two girls who wanted to test themselves. IT WAS NOT AN EVENT. Like a Vlog challenge. Nothing to do with for money or whatever. It was a goal they set themselves.

11. Dead_pool

So vlogs don't make money?

;)