Looking for eskrima training partner in west london

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by Eskrima12, Dec 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eskrima12

Eskrima12 New Member

As per the title iam looking for a training partner in west London to practice 2 man drills. open to all styles, beginner (like me) or expert

reply if interested

cheers

2. Janno

Janno Valued Member

Just a word of advice mate - might be good to tell us a bit about yourself (name, style, experience, etc) as some people might feel a bit hesitant about meeting up with an anonymous internet entity...

3. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

I think that's excellent advice Janno. In fact, this is the sort of thing that should be handled via private messaging once a poster has been here long enough to be able to use the PM system. So hang out for a bit, get to know the locals, and work your way up to finding a training partner. Fair enough?

4. SoKKlab

SoKKlab The Cwtch of Death!

Hi Eskrima12
    If you could add a little info here I might be interested in training with you. I'm in north-west London. My background's mostly in Thai Martial Arts.

I'm a raw beginner at escrima-arnis etc. And am looking for someone to train with for drills and feedback etc.

Good Luck

5. KaliKuntaw

KaliKuntaw Valued Member

Here is a bit ofa warning for newbies.
    If you start doing sinawali and other things with bad form and bad habbits, you will have to unlearn the bad habits. Which is easier said than done.

6. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

Sorry but I'm always a bit suspicious of someone not introducing who they are and asking for a training partner. I am sure you intentions are honourable but a little intro of who you are and what style/system goes a long way. I'm hazarding a guess that the system you do is Doce Pares based purely on the user name you chose. If so why not just go to a club there are plenty on them in London.

7. Whats_up

Whats_up New Member

Hi,
    Id be willing to train with you, i am a beginner and used to do it 2 years ago until i got a back injury, but really want to get back in to.

Drop me a line if you're interested :)

Hannah

8. Whats_up

Whats_up New Member

Is anyone interested in training Escrima?

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone would be interested in training escrima with me. I am a beginner and used to attend escrima classes 2 years ago until I got a back injury, but would love to get back into it, as it's so much fun and a great work out

Anyone interested please drop me a line :)

Thanks,
    Hannah

9. shootodog

shootodog restless native

What system did you study? For how long? What level were you? How's your back?

10. Whats_up

Whats_up New Member

Hello

I did a vci wing stun escrima for about a year but that was 3 years ago i think. I reached level 2. My back is okay as long as i don't carry anything heavy or exercise in a way that is harmful to my back. I do yoga every now and then but it is not something i really enjoy... I need to get fit again to strengthen my back muscles and i just thought Escrima is one sport i enjoyed doing.. I would love to get back to it for fun and fitness :)

11. SoKKlab

SoKKlab The Cwtch of Death!

Hi Hannah
    IF you're in north-west London that could be doable. And elsewhere on the westish side might be possible too.

I'd like to at least do some of the basics (in a basic fashion) before attending a class.

As long as you're not dodgy mind :eek:

Send me a PM if interested.

Good Luck

12. shootodog

shootodog restless native

Rus, I don't think she can PM you because she has a low post count.

13. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

What's_up, if you want to take up the offer I can pass on an e-mail address for you.

You can send me an e-mail by clicking on my username. There will be an option there in the drop down list.

14. Whats_up

Whats_up New Member

Hi Sokklab,

Im new on this site so not sure if you got my PM...? If not, just to let you know that yes I'm interested if you don't mind training with a beginner :)

Hi Simon,

Okay i will do that thank you!

15. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

SoKKlab, do you have Eskrima experience.

If you guys have somewhere to train I'm happy to come along and help out.

16. Shard

Shard New Member

HI Guys n Girls.

My name is Shard I am from South London and I am also looking for a or some training partners. I have been studying martial arts for twenty years and hold a 1st Dan in Wado Ryu Karate. I also currently study Krav Maga (8 months) along with Escrima (2 months) and have also done Ju Jitsu and Kick Boxing in the past. I work in East London if that is any help for meeting up.
    All the best!
    Shard.

17. izamryan

izamryan New Member

Bump, from West London, Notting Hill area

18. swordsman_chris

swordsman_chris New Member

Hi,

Are you still looking for a training partner ?

I'm chris. I have been doing martial arts since for a while (various styles, mostly training by my own, training with some partners). I'm interested by the filipino martial arts. I'm a beginner in FMA. Though, i live in Liverpool i can come for some weekends to london.

19. John Titchen

John Titchen Still Learning Supporter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.