Short Horror Stories

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Mangosteen, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

I'm wondering if anyone has any good short horror stories. Like 3 or 4 sentences long?

I have one but I can't remember if it's unintentionally plagiarised or not:

You know when you see something, just for a second, in the corner of your eye. Something that should definitely not be there but you dismiss it as a delusion, the limits of your field of vision, your eyes playing tricks.
    What if for that split second, what you really saw was a break in the veil of reality.
    And what if, in that split second, something slipped through.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
  2. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

i like this one:

"Don't be scared of the monsters, just look for them. Look to your left, to your right, under your bed, behind your dresser, in your closet. But never look up, she hates being seen."

3. Mangosteen

Sometimes I worry.
    My existence is all that I've known. I can't see in the head of any other so maybe my existence is the only one that is real.
    Maybe the world renders itself around me. Only so many processes can occur at once.
    When I sleep the world reloads. A game on sleep mode.
    People are generated as I interact or stored until a later time. Non-Playable Characters.
    My life is just a game.

So I wonder if I have any saved games, maybe I can reset to an earlier point by losing a life?
    But an NPC overhears me and I'm hospitalised. Therapy - talking with other NPCs about their back stories. Good script writing.

Then I wonder, if by chance my existence is the only one that is real then surely I am a god and the universe is my game?
    So I jump and try to fly but end up in the emergency room. Attempted suicide the NPCs say.

Then I wonder, if this is a game or I'm a god. Why don't I have more control? Why can I not select the level or adventure.
    Why can I not fly? Why do I not have power ups?

And who the devil programmed this game?
    Maybe there is a god or more above above me. I should keep quite, they might hear me.
    Thoughts can drive a man crazy.

4. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

"She piled another shovel full of dirt into the grave, then another. Shovel after shovel, minute after minute. She sighed and wiped the sweat off her brow. If he was going to keep throwing dirt back out of the grave at her, this would take all night."

I saw someone else write that one and really liked it.

5. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

A Man begins tucking his son into bed, when the boy looks up and asks "Daddy, check under my bed for Monsters please." Going thru the motions, the father lifts up the edge of his Son's duvet, gazes under the Bed, and sees another him, his Son, under his own bed, staring back out, quivering in fear, and whispering, "Daddy, there's somebody on my bed."

This one really got to me when I 1st read it...

Travess

6. Mangosteen

Mine come from messing with friends who have delusions and psychotic episodes (cos im such a good friend) and messing with them about reality etc.

7. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

"I walked into a Wing Chun studio."

8. LemonSloth

Fire crept up his arms - cold, pale fire that blistered his flesh impossibly. He struggled to stifle yet another scream as the voices mocked and taunted him, "can't hurt him, he said!" they cheered. Another darker, deeper voice began chanting "blood, blood, blood" and he felt his hands close around something soft and warm. Desperately he squeezed to ease the pain as helpless fingers scrabbled to pull his hands off, the man's girlfriend pleading with him that nothing that was happening was real.

9. LemonSloth

[​IMG]

10. Mangosteen

And told them i wanted to mix my WC with wrestling and boxing.
    Sifu Dim Mak'd me.

11. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

His heart like a cannon in his chest, he looked into the eyes before him and said "I do".

12. gapjumper

gapjumper Intentionally left blank

Terrifying!

13. brookieeto

brookieeto New Member

This might sound weird but I always think this

14. 8limbs38112

8limbs38112 Valued Member

I have one. I get an email from a hot sexy woman on facebook. We chat for a bit. She lures me into a seductive conversation then invites me to her house. I go to her house and ring the doorbell....................................................My fat ugly hillbilly cousin answers.

15. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Dude, this is the short story thread, not extracts from your diary. :D

16. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

I settled in my newly rented room from a lovely elderly couple. A seaview in Ramsgate gets no better.
    I turn and see a little girl by my door to welcome me. She giggles and runs away. I hear her run up some stairs.
    I go down to the Landlords to enquire who she was.
    The elderly lady says
    "Do you mean her?"
    I was shown a photograph of the little girl.... dated 1950.

A true story by a former partner, I even went to that house and saw the photo and spoke to the couple.