can somebody upload ebooks?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by kalari55, Feb 6, 2016.

1. kalari55

kalari55 Valued Member

guys i need ebooks on lin kuei , sul sa , trul kor , hashashin warriors . Can somebody please upload them for me?? also a book called " ninja attack " is required so please help me out .

2. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

No.

You might want to check the ToS.

Also why would you want books on that nonsense like Lin Kuei?

3. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Welcome to MAP.

If the books are available for download, then you'll have access to them.

If they're not then they'll not be permitted on MAP.

1.12 Illegal Activities:
    Threads/replies encouraging illegal/unethical action are not allowed. Posts such as these will be deleted and may lead to you losing your posting privileges. This includes but is not limited to:
    - "Sharing" of copyright material through P2P networking programs such as Kazaa, eMule etc. or torrents;
    - Illegal trading in copyright material such as video tapes, DVD and CDs etc.;
    - Selling any copyright material where you also retain a copy yourself.

4. kalari55

kalari55 Valued Member

Thanks for reminder

5. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

6. kalari55

kalari55 Valued Member

Hi guys don't misunderstand me I was just asking if somebody already had off in their system can share that or any link where I could read them.

7. Madao13

Madao13 Valued Member

While I don't encourage illegal activities either, but when some publishing company sells books whose authors have died at some cases
    even more than a hundred years ago and at high prices at that, that many people can't afford... then how you would call that?

8. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

That's called price gouging and no that is not ethical either, but simply because some companies price gouge doesn't mean you can just steal the authors content.

There are other ways that he could get it cheaper without having to "share" it. The link I posted has the ninja book listed for $6.50 cad. The kindle edition is only $10. Or he could see if a local library has it. I am sure that there are tonnes of other legal services online that offer the book as well.

9. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

No, you very plainly asked for pirated books. :yeleyes:

10. coyotehunter

coyotehunter New Member

technically, theft. but its okay when the publishers do it ;)

authors have the copyright until their death plus 70 years, so somebody related might have the copyright

Dead_pool likes this.
  11. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

What if I buy an ebook? Can I give it to someone? Do I have to delete my original copy?

12. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

When I buy eBooks from Amazon, they download onto several devices. I expect the same with you, so -- just hand one of those devices to your friend! :)

13. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

You don't buy the ebook, you buy a license to personally read it, (usually max fiveish devices) only in the copyright area you are, I found that out by going to africa and having all my UK titles become inaccesable.

Some providers allow you to lend the file to friends via their system however.

Edit this explains some of it.
    https://gizmodo.com/369235/amazon-k...-locked-up-why-your-books-are-no-longer-yours

14. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Just a friendly reminder. Libraries usually have checkouts for E-books nowadays. You don't get them forever. They delete from your account after the check out time. But it is legal and free! Also, if you are new to that technology, they often have E-reader clinics to teach you. Or you can just ask a staff member for help learning.

So, my suggestion to kalari55 is to check your local library if you don't wish to pay for them. It is both free, legal, AND in accordance with MAP's TOS! :cool:

Edit- I just saw this thread is a bit necro'd. But overall my post still stands and is a good reminder of this valuable resource.