What game are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Kuma, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

Roughly 30 minutes ago: A friend of mine struck the thought that we might have a problem.
    After playing Leg: Jurassic World for a good eleven hours straight :eek: :D

He picked me up at 2.20pm, we drove to the next city, because the game wasn't available here, we started playing at around 5pm - and I came home around 4.15am...

So I guess it's fair to say, that we enjoy the game ^^

We finished the first two movies, started the third and got quite some gold bricks already.
    And should have finished roughly 30% of the game.

It's what you expect a Lego game to be like, even though I admit that they kept more of the human-eaten-by-dinosaur then I expected.
    But it's still wrapped up child-friendly and has it's humorous charm, just like the others.

Roaming the islands is fun as well, and that you can play as dinosaurs as well as humans is brilliant. If you're nerd enough anyway ;)

The plan so far is t get some sleep and then I'll get over to his place again, so we can continue playing - except the fourth movie, because neither of us has seen the movie itself yet.

2. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

Got a PS4 a couple of days ago. Currently got Killzone: Shadowfall, Tomb Raider, Drive Club, Warframe, & DC Universe.

3. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

If it weren't for this stupid "Reach level 60" (or whatever) trophy, I'd so get Tomb Raider again, once I have a Ps4!
    The game was so much fun :)

Killzone I actually bought without even having a Ps4 - the UK store once had an error (when the first DLC was released I think) and the game only cost £1,99 :D

4. Broadwalk

Broadwalk New Member

I got the new Yoshi game on Wii U. Absolutely stunning to look at.

5. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

I'm about to start the last episode of "The Wolf among us".

A nice adventure game from TellTale (I noticed though, that I need to play something with more action in it right now lol; you can only play so much adventures :D ).

The only little thing I find a bit sad are the possible choices.
    In the end of the single episodes, when they tell you "You and x% chose to..." I see a lot of 78-8x% chose to do the same.
    I don't remember being it that clear in other games by TT; certainly not in TWD.
    Of course that doesn't make it a bad game, but it had me a bit disappointed.

(Oh, and it's the first game where I at least once/ episode didn't get to finish reading the options, before the time ran out. Good that silence is an option :D )

6. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Rather tempted to buy a WiiU since they're fairly cheap. And ya know...Mario Kart...

7. Rhythmkiller

Rhythmkiller Animo Non Astutia

Stick with it Sloth you won’t be disappointed. If you’re going pure melee then get those invincibility frames up. 20ADP should net you about 108 agility. You’ll dodging everything thrown at you. Dump the tower shield it’s too heavy at low levels. Practice parrying using the buckler found early on – it gives you a sweet 18 frames to parry with. See my recent run through Iron Keep below. Or use the Drangleic Shield, still offers 100% physical reduction and decent poise at a fraction of the weight of the DRangleic shield. You also have the option to parry if you so wish.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Hassien/video/4150878

Drangleic sword is good at higher level but the scaling isn’t brilliant at lower levels. Go with a really light weapon, rapier for Dex build or the rapier like Estoc the estoc scales B with STR and combined with old Leo ring does huge counter damage, for even more counter damage go with the rapier as it counter is 140!!!! Combined with the extra 50 from Old Leo ring that it’s a massive 190!! – remember countering in the game isn’t a repost. They swing and miss and you counter with massive damage. Or simply go with Dual ceastus purchased from the Hag – these destroy everything – add stone ring and you can stun lock bosses with powerstanced L2.

The Lost Sinner is a her lol - she's actually what most people theorize as The Witch of Izalith from Dark souls. - A wee bit of lore for you.

Baza

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
  8. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

And Zelda.
    (I don't even know if there is a Zelda game yet, but in case there isn't there will be, I'm sure ;) ).

I thought about it as well. Mario Kart, Zelda, I like the Mario Jump'n'games, Donkey Kong...
    then I remember that I have the ordinary Wii and hardly played it, and for the moment it's: Nah, don't it for a while.

And I still want the Ps4 first :D

9. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

There is but I can't remember what its called. They went all cartoony with the graphics but apparently its good. I was put off for the same reason. Bought a wii to play games with my parents and we've used it maybe twice. But the U is building up an actually decent catalogue of games and for a couple hundred quid it might be worth it now.

Out of all the new gen consoles its actually the one with the best selection of games at the moment it seems. I love my PS4 but there's only so many times I can play Madden and GTA

10. Rhythmkiller

Rhythmkiller Animo Non Astutia

You can still play twighlight princess on the Wii U backwards compatable with Wii games. I believe Ocarina of Time is to be released on the Wii U store soon as well, not sure if it is already + you can play all nintendos back catalogue on Wii U i bought Punch out from the store for something like £3 - it's agreat little machine.

Windwaker is the game your thinking of.

Baza

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
  11. Dan Bian

Dan Bian Neither Dan, nor Brian

Currently playing Batman: Arkham Knight

I haven't really gamed much in the last decade, until I got an xbox360 from work when I got promoted a couple of years ago. Then I started playing a few new games, but never really had money to buy loads, or time to play.

Last Friday, my wife and I went out and bought a new 42in tv (we had previously been using a 22 year old CRT tv set) and a PS4. Thought we'd treat ourselves.
    Been completely blown away, not only by game graphics, but also tv. Loving Eastenders in HD!!

12. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

Currently got Destiny, Evolve, Elder Scrolls Online, & Bloodborne that I'm dabbling between.

Evolve is surprisingly good fun.

13. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

Crusader Kings 2 with all DLC other than Sunset Invasion enabled as Ireland. I am the King of Ireland and half of wales. So I get married a french princess. I assassinated her dad, then two brothers until she was Queen and empress of France. Unfortunately this didn't give me control over France. And since our children together are like my 5th in line it meant I wouldn't unify those lands so naturally I had her assainated then two of my sons until finally I had France, half of Spain and then I started a war on 3 fronts the abbssid Muslims in Spain, the English with the help of my Scottish allies and a northern offensive unto Scandinavia. Games awesome. I'm now having fun as a result rebel northman in the game of thrones mod.

14. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

Eh, I actually found Mario Kart to be underwhelming compared to previous editions. The graphics are slick, the tracks are beautiful, there's some customisation options with karts (or rather more than there has ever been)...but it just doesn't have the magic for me that the GameCube and Wii versions had.

Could also be because I can go for months at a time, race online and almost never finish outside of the top 3. :eek:

There's Zelda which is coming out though. Also Mario Kart, Lego City: Undercover (surprisingly fun), Tekken, Mario 3D and all the multiplayer games though. Easily the best console if you're family orientated or have mixed age ranges.

15. LemonSloth

Wind Waker :)

I hated it when I first played on the GameCube after playing Ocarina of Time/watching Majora's Mask playthroughs with friends. But I picked it up for the Wii U and played it through. It's nowhere near as good as Twilight Princess (which is on the Wii so you can play it on the Wii U) but a damn sight better than Skyward Sword (the one that came after).

They're apparently doing more of a sandbox Zelda game for the Wii U out later...this year I think?

16. LemonSloth

I did. Completed my first play through, started my second. Switched out the Drangleic sword for the Pursuer Ultra Greatsword (+4) by the time I completed my first run through.

The Duke's Dear Freyja...*shudder*.

Not a particularly hard boss actually once you realise the spiders just keep spawning anyway. But come on, a two headed spider...yeeeesh.

Nashandra was surprisingly hard though with pure melee. That curse just drained my HP so fast. Her attacks were pretty easy to spot and avoid, but I kept getting carried away and ignoring the health drain...

Also, the Smelter Demon. Why was that not the main boss for the Iron Keep over the damned Old Iron King?! :dunno:

Started a second playthrough. Crushed the Pursuer when he lands before the boss fight, killed the Last Giant, went to the area with the three sentinels (can't remember the name), got spanked by an invading pyromancer and too a break so I can play through the Mass Effect trilogy again.

You hipsters and your clever character builds. What's wrong with going butt naked with a big sword and shield?

:D

Seriously though, I will have a look at that. I can't remember my exact stats & kit right now.

I actually stuck with a fully upgraded Tower Shield which did fairly well.

What I could really do with (because I'm good for physical defence/poise) is good fire/magic defence. I get wrecked by both of those.

I'm still tempted by the dual caestus. I couldn't get the timing right the first time I used them so I stuck with the big swords, but I'm thinking of trying a new build with them to see how I really feel about them.

Wait, what?! Who?! How?!

...Really?

17. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

I have Ocarina of Time and some older games on disc for Gamecube, so getting rid of the "old" Wii isn't really an option.
    Besides it's the red Mario one, so I can at least feel good, when I look at it ;) .

Regarding Wind Waker: I do have the game here as well, but until I even started it, it took quite a while, because the graphics were... unusual.
    I started it at some point for the first hour or so (which was okay, by the way) but didn't continue to play, because I wasn't in a general mood for it anymore.
    Really need to play it at some point though.
    And Ocarina of Time wants to be played again, just because it's awesome :D

"The Wolf among us" - I finished it last night.
    Not as good as I hoped, but still a very decent and fun game; so not bad either.

What just annoys me to no end: It freezes my Ps3.
    I finished it and it froze three times I think during that time. Awful lag as well. Both shouldn't be a thing nowadays, especially not with that genre.
    Now I wanted to finish to collect the other Fables (and therefore the missing trophies) - and everytime I rewind and chose a different save slot my console freezes.
    No exception.
    During the last try it even killed my save file. Luckily I copied it to the cloud before, but I'm still annoyed.

So with those technical issues it leaves a rather bad taste.
    Which is a shame, because even though I was expecting more it's not a bad game at all!

18. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

I got Batman: Arkham Knight as part of the Batman collection I just started (along with comic books, figures, etc).

Oh my. This game is fantastic.

19. Dan Bian

Dan Bian Neither Dan, nor Brian

The side quests are so addictive!!!

20. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

Now that I've moved house and got my stuff set up properly again and I'm gaming more I'm back on Skyrim after finally getting past the bit I was stuck on, and Black Flag again.