Who's training over xmas

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Dead_pool, Dec 20, 2014.

1. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

So whos training?

Judo has been off for a week already, BJJ is carrying right through, and my SC work is now mostly prehab/rehab for an upcoming knee operation and single leg squats etc.

So what are you doing over the holidays?

2. FunnyBadger

FunnyBadger I love food :)

2 weeks off for boxing and no other MA training inbetween. I'm only having one day off from the gym though, the 25th just happens to fall on a rest day lol :)

3. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Just basic rehab / cardio / bodyweight stuff every day.

4. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

I would actually prefer to train, but we train in a school gym and that's closed (from what I heard, it's a bit different here, compared to -for example- the States).

I guess I have to see it from the bright side: It's only two weeks and all my little booboos get time to heal and regenerate a bit ;)

Gee, am I glad when those stupid school holidays are over :D

5. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

i fully intend to train as much as possible when not otherwise engaged (by which i mean videogaming)

6. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

I'm going to be using the Christmas break to get back into weightlifting. I will also be continuing my running in preparation for my race in May.

7. matveimediaarts

matveimediaarts Underappreciated genius

My weight lifting will continue as usual. Weapon work will be backyard stuff after Monday until the dojo opens again in the new year. I'm going to miss being busy, but an occasional break does me good. (I prefer to keep it to twice a year) I'm getting a re-evaluation from my strength coach this month too and perhaps do some tweaks to my routine.

8. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

:fight1:I plan on getting in lots of extra training! I have the week off between Xmas and New Years.

Lots and lots of training! As much as my body will allow! People ask what I am doing with my time off and I tell them this and they don't seem to get that this is really exicting to me. I know it must sound boring to outsiders, but there is nothing else I would rather do.

My school is closed Xmas Eve day and Xmas day, New Year's eve day and New Years day. But since I don't go into work, I get go in earlier and work out longer all the other days. Plus, I can go to my gym and practice in the aerobics room when my school is closed. I think they are open in the day- just close early on the Eve days.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
  9. bodyshot

bodyshot Brown Belt Zanshin Karate

I have the flu and I started a new job, so no training for at least another week, Im hateing life right now.

10. matveimediaarts

You're very lucky! I don't know of any clubs or dojos in my area open over the holidays. /totally jealous:cry:

11. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Really? As in they are closed the whole week between the holidays?:confused:

My school's regular hours are great too. 11 to 9 Monday through Friday and 9 to 3 on Saturday. Some of my schools locations are open a few hours on Sunday too. I could go to those locations if I wanted to.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
  12. pseudo

pseudo Padawan

I would love to start weight lifting again. A while back I started cleaning out the once upon a time gmy turned storage room. I made good progress until I left for work. Now, my old man is using it as a garage. Their are hydraulic pump part all over the place. Back to the drawing board I guess.:bang:

13. matveimediaarts

Yup. The last day of class is December 22. Classes resume Monday the 5th. To me it's a darned long time! :eek:

14. matveimediaarts

You ought to look into bodyweight training. I'd be doing it if I didn't have access to a proper gym. There's also the "odd object"/Strongman sort of training that Elliot Hulse talks about in his Strength Camp videos. I've done some of those sort of things-they're fun and work well (for me, at least).

15. armanox

armanox Kick this Ginger...

I'm done with formal class for the year. I'll be practicing kata and weight lifting at home, and I think I'm sparring and rolling with some of my friends at some point during the break.

16. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

Same here...went to a lot of trouble putting up heavy bags, gymnastics rings, pull-up bars and the like, yer darn tootin' I'm gonna use 'em when the school shuts down for Holiday!

17. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I am unashamedly and unapologetically having a few weeks of doing virtually nothing beyond watching tv and films while eating haribo and after-eights.
    I might walk to toilet and back but even that will be kept to a minimum.

18. Flatfish

Flatfish New Member

Dojang is closed at certain days but I will go with the kiddos when open. Other than that bagwork in the backyard weather permitting, bodyweight and HIIT when I can break away from said rugrats. Generally I expect to have less time for training then during a regular work week.

19. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

Why bother even doing that? :)

20. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

Probably sticking with shadow boxing, bag work and some weight lifting.