weight, body fat % log

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by hewho, Jul 3, 2015.

1. hewho

hewho Valued Member

so, I'm prepping for a competition in October.
    I'm hoping to fight between 60 and 65kg, so my target weight is around 62-63.
    Checking and logging every Saturday morning, before eating. last weeks was:
    61.75 kg
    Also looking at bodyfat, just to make sure the weight I'm putting on will be useful for me, and not dead weight, last week BF% was 14.43%, hoping to get to between 10 and 12% for the competition. (BCCMA national sparring, down in Medway, I know the BCCMA isn't the biggest organisation, but hopefully will have some quality opponents)

2. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

What fighting style (chinese MA is fairly broad) will you be competing in?

3. hewho

hewho Valued Member

Sanshou :)

Todays stats:
    weight-60kg
    BF% 13

4. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Good luck with your competition!

A word of caution, mate. Think about trying not to give up too much weight; you're going to have some fatties coming in bang on 65kg, and you'll feel that difference if you've been on a long-term cut.

5. hewho

hewho Valued Member

Thank you :) ah okay, I'll see if I can get comfortable at the higher end of the weight class, but I've never actually weighed more than 62 kg before

6. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

I'll say it now because I'll forget later - good luck with your competition!

I have to ask though, how are you measuring your body fat percentage?

7. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

Why don't you see about having it video'd and put it in the Competitor's Corner?

8. hewho

hewho Valued Member

Thanks lemonsloth! just using a weight watchers scale, so not the most accurate in the world, but it should be consistently inaccurate rather than varying. I could buy some callipers and do it like that, but it's just easy, and I'm lazy!
    Belltoller, that's a good idea!

9. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Good luck!

Are you basically trying to improve your muscle:fat ratio?

10. hewho

hewho Valued Member

cheers mushroom! yeah, if I'm gaining weight I'd rather it was muscle.
    (sidenote, my skipping rope just snapped *curses*)

11. Mushroom

Awesome.
    Well you got of plenty of time if its in October. I usually don't cut or start going intensive till about 6-8 weeks.
    You don't want to overcook yourself.

I also tend not to learn many new techniques closer to the comp, just keep drilling and drilling stuff I know. Unless its something dead simple that you can pretty much master in a class or 2.

In regards to muscle, then I would say stay on strength/condition/HIIT stuff. FoD and Maca would probably be best to get advice from.

Don't know what your gym access is, so I can't really advise on what toys to play with.

12. hewho

hewho Valued Member

cheers :) lots of sandbag and kettlebell work for now, can go up to a mid level weight (for me) for DL and squats with what weights I've got in my home gym, and try and get lots of sparring in.

13. hewho

hewho Valued Member

had a slightly hectic weekend, lots of work and not enough food, so took my stats this morning, weight was 59.4 kg, body fat was 13.9%. did some sandbag and resistance band training, and some floor work, few sets of leg raises and some modified pyramid sets for pressups, followed by a protein hit and some pasta

14. hewho

hewho Valued Member

been away for a week, no scales. slightly dreading the results after a week of pub food, but here goes!
    weight: 60kg
    Body fat: 13.9%
    not too bad, but time to workout I think!

15. Mushroom

Completely up to you.

But considering its July/August and your comp is not till October and you're already at fight weight. I would start getting some conditioning and technique drills to be more dominant in your training schedule for the mean time.
    Also a good time for muscles and stuff to heal up now, so in the 6 weeks you will have prime preparation to start going hard and all out just before the comp.

Great stuff though!

16. hewho

hewho Valued Member

cheers mushroom :) it's trying to maintain the weight that's the issue, I could be at the top of the class below, but I don't feel as comfortable there. I'm probably gonna knock any major workouts outside training on the head for this week, and just do skipping intervals and some KB sets. I'm a little bit aching from 3 days of shovelling sand, so heal up from that. and get some calories in!

todays stats:
    Weight: 59.4 kg
    Body fat% 13

also, got a couple of grappling tournaments coming up, a BJJ on the 10th of October (which I feel is a bit close, to the 18th, but both coaches have said to go for it) and something which I think was called 'combat ju jitsu' which I'm waiting for a link for, which is two minutes of semi contact stand up, and then you can take down and submit. not as comfortable with my groundwork, but if nothing else it should be a good laugh!

Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
  17. hewho

hewho Valued Member

took a bit of time off of measuring, first because of working away from home, then just because I kept forgetting xD as of yesterday, I weigh 59.5 kg, with a BF% of 13.9 (curse my aunt for her cooking skills!)